Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
uct

Default leak

I have a leak and I think it is coming from the front window 210x. Does anyone know if this is a problem area and also a fix. What type of sealant/caulk is the best for windows and wall penetrations

uct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #2

Default Yep, it happens

It depends on the year your unit was made -- but some of the units from the early 2000s were kind of skimpy on the caulking around the window. If you search RV.net, you can find many discussions of what to do.

On my old 2003, I carefully unscrewed the window frame, caulked around the perimeter, and reinstalled the window -- you may need two people for the removal and the reinstall. Problem solved.

My newer trailer, so far, is leak free. Knock on wood (or fiberglass, actually).

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
uct

Mine is a 2006 210x
uct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #4

I have a 2007 X160 and the front window has leaked a few times. I was tired of paying to have it re-caulked by the dealer, so I finally got the Eternabond tape which I cut in half lengthwise and layed down on the sides and top of the window. That did the trick! It's not really meant to be used for this type of application, but it worked and I expect it will continue to do so. And I don't think it looks that bad actually. It is a near permanent fix though, so you must be sure you can live with it.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to shadow

Use dicor 551 not self leveling and use a lot, let dry and trim excess off as needed
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #6

Default Front window leak.

I removed mine and found out the bottom and sides were caulked at the
factory and not the top. When I reinstalled i shimed the botton 3/8 inch which raised the window and gave more coverage on the top. Also the pass hatches had the same issue, bottom and sides caulked and not the top.Removed caulked all around with boat caulking, completed 3 years ago.Many miles and bumps since no leaks.

tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote