Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #1

Default LED bulbs

Folks,
I want to replace my inside light bulbs with a LED version.
Anyone know what is the base for the overhead lights? Or which LED bulb works.
Thank you.

Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to shadow

wedge base bulbs, 921/T5, 194

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #3

I bought a batch similar to these a couple of years ago. They work great. I had to "squeeze" the wires on most of them to make better contact, but other than that - I would definitely order them again (although 20 should last my little trailer a long time!)

All the LEDs are on one side (instead of circular), so all the light is focused downward.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-T10-19...2f9c39&vxp=mtr
Old 07-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #4

Default Delicate wires

If a particular LED bulb does not work, don't give up. The wires on the wedge bases are very delicate. Using a needlenose pliers, carefully straighten them and then bend them out from the base just a little bit, so that they make contact with the metal inside the socket. Peer into the socket with a flashlight -- you can see how the contacts are designed. The bulbs do not like being plugged in and out often, but you should not need to do so.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #5

Default LED bulbs

I got some 923 replacement lamps from M4LED. They were the small lamp type with about 7 led's around the whole thing. They work great, but are not as bright as the incandescent lamps. So I put them above the bed and under the cabinets where we did not need it so bright. I just ordered the flat plate lamps that have 12 led's on one side. They will adhere to the lamp housing and have a pigtail that plugs into the lamp socket. Going to install next week. M4LED is highly recommended. Good product. Ships fast
Ronseidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #6

GRV T10 Wedge 921 194 25-3528 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White DC 12V Pack of 10

I used these LEDS. They are 'corn cob' and have the same brightness and color of light as the bulbs I replaced. The price was pretty good.
jtwcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #7

Default Know what you are buying

I would definitely recommend you do your research. I recommend the circuit on board which has LEDS facing down only.

Nearly all the ones on eBay and amazon are the 100 lumen variety from China. I bought 20 of them but find them them dim compared to regular bulbs. I finally found 350 Lumen ones on dhgate (a Chinese ebay). Here is the item:

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/...194499384.html

It is available in Warm white and cool white but be aware that the warmer the LED the less usefull light it puts out.

I haven't yet received them but will be sure to do a review of the seller and bulbs when they arrive.

Skripo is offline   Reply With Quote