Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #1

Default Liquor bottle storage ideas in the 18.5 ft please

2011 Shadow Cruiser 18.5 ft with Couch Slide out : Where is the best most practical place for liquor bottles to ride in the trailer ? We are adding shelves tonight and I am trying to figure out which cupboard will be the best for say 6 bottles of liquor ?

I am thinking on the bottom of the tall narrow pantry to the left of the door, as you enter the trailer. My plan is to create something similiar to this Pinterest idea for the heavy tall bottles of hard liquor and pop bottles and another shelf a bit higher up, that will be a shallower shelf for beer and pop cans.

I want to make sure the bottles will not smash into each other when I forget to put a divider between them every time we hit the road. I am trying to cut down on the amount of work to get the trailer ready to roll down the road every time and things I need to check before we can get going.

What other ideas are out there that does not involve me putting a divider between the bottles every time. I bought 2 foamy pool noodles from the Dollarstore and have been using them with great results as dividers to get things from smashing into each other, in previous trailers.

Any ideas welcome please.
Attached Thumbnails
Liquor1.jpg  

Old 08-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
APD

Here in Georgia, the liquor we carry is usually in quart mason jars so our storage is kinda different......

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:51 PM   #3

I don't know if your previous trailers had tandem axles, but it tends to make them ride smoother. Our Fun Finder X has Trail air which makes it rides smooth enough that we don't usually have any issues. We usually carry only two to three bottles, and I just keep them in a decorative box by the sink. I'm with you on not having to do a lot of prep to get on the road.

Liz
Attached Thumbnails
P_20180805_213842_vHDR_Auto.jpg  
Old 08-06-2018, 02:45 AM   #4

I was thinking you could cut to size some plastic sock drawer organizers? That cupboard would be ideal for a few on the bottom.
dogs_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #5

We slightly modified an ordinary cardboard (!!) wine crate and store it under a seat. The bottles sit in each of the little cardboard compartments, no problem. And I should add that we tow a single axle trailer on terribly rough forest roads. No breakage, ever.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #6

Had a 189FBS (since upgraded to 210UDS which has same "tall stuff" storage problem). I use a wine six-pack carrier for wine, booze and other tall bottles. It just fits in the storage over the bed.

lucynricky is offline   Reply With Quote