Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
sbb

Default Little Slide Bar/ Cranking Slide In

Goodmorning..I have a 189FDS. As you all know I had a battery disconnect problem caused by human error ( we disconnected and didn't know it). I vowed at that time to find out how to get a slide in if we ever had to.

I found out today where my slide motor is, I am going home to physically see it and get the proper tool to have on hand if I ever have a failure. In getting my information, I asked that if I hand cranked the slide in, would it slide back out going around corners etc? The answer was no, but it is always good to use your slide bar. I have one, looks like a short curtain rod, but for the life of me I can't figure out WHERE & HOW to put it. Could someone please snap a photo with it engaged and post it here? I appreciate your help. Never too late to start using all my safety measures.

50 Watt Solar Panel
36 Nights Out 2011
sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
Site Team

Sorry, I don't have a photo, but the slide bar should wedge between the lip of the slide and trailer wall when the slide is cranked in. I usually put mine on the top of the slide but you could really put it anywhere convenient.

Make sure it's wedged in pretty snug also or it will tend to fall out in transit. Of course then it will slide behind the jackknife sofa 3" beyond the length of your arm to make retrieval as difficult as possible.

It's also a good idea to have a tag or a ribbon or some such attached to the bar that you can drape over the top as a visual reminder to take it out before you extend the slide.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
TCP

Default slide documents

I put up the slide documents for the 2010 189FDS a while back. Might be useful for you:

http://www.funfinderclub.com/phpBB2/...717&highlight=
TCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
sbb

Ok, will go take a look tonight, I went where you sent me to slide documents and couldn't view anything until I get ok-ed, so as soon as I do, I'll be printing out that info for my book! Thank you. Has anyone actually ever had to manually crank a slide in?
50 Watt Solar Panel
36 Nights Out 2011
sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
TCP

Default Slide Files

Here's a different link to the same slide files:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...n_Slide_lr.pdf

http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...1010001929.pdf

hopefully easier access.
TCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #6

Default 189 fds

I have got 2 slide manuals for the 189FDS slide in PDF files. Anyone who wants them send me an e mail and i will send you a copy. They tell you not to move the trailer unless you use a 2x4 on the inside wall and the frame of the slide or use heavy cargo straps around the entire trailer before moving it. salty jdwalker@telus.net