Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2017, 03:18 AM   #1

Default Longer hand shower head hose

When showering, the hand held hose is rather short IMO and wanted a longer hose.

I ordered this one:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It should be here next week and hope it's a wise improvement.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:38 AM   #2

Eagle You will be able to wash the outside of your trailer with that one. lol That's a great price, I was able to remove our hose from the center retainer and get enough hose to even wash down the toilet. Good info. Silverado

Old 06-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Eagle You will be able to wash the outside of your trailer with that one. lol That's a great price, I was able to remove our hose from the center retainer and get enough hose to even wash down the toilet. Good info. Silverado
My only gripe is that the hose to the Oxygenic is so stiff. We haven't used it and I guess it might soften with use. We use campground showers pretty much always. We bought a standard height Dometic toilet with s sprayer that works great.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
When showering, the hand held hose is rather short IMO and wanted a longer hose.

I ordered this one:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It should be here next week and hope it's a wise improvement.
Give a review.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #5
Site Team

I replaced mine with this one:https://www.amazon.com/Marine-And-RV...mco+shower+kit
The hose is longer than the one that came as OE and the shower head is much better. The off switch works better too.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ View Post
I replaced mine with this one:https://www.amazon.com/Marine-And-RV...mco+shower+kit
The hose is longer than the one that came as OE and the shower head is much better. The off switch works better too.
As I understand it, the sprayers are designed to drip a bit in order to regulate the water Temperature. Don't ask me how that works though. The question has been asked a lot on things I've read.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Give a review.
Once it arrives, is installed and used will give a review.

I would have preferred a white hose but unable to locate one that long. This one is silver colored. None of the reviews indicated it was stiff which I did notice on reviews of some white hoses.

I didn't want a stiff hand held shower hose and unsure they would limber up with use.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #8

The Shasta has a tub. But you step up into the tub like in many rvs. That puts you closer to the ceiling. I can't see how a person 6' tall could use it very well. Their head would be inches from the ceiling fan. The Oxygenic shower head also needed to be mounted lower than we would have liked it due to a light mounted in the ceiling over it. But at least you can take the wand down to use it. We prefer to use campground showers anyway. Plenty of hot water already paid for and best to get their early imo.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:19 AM   #9

I know many use the community showers in the campgrounds but we never have and don't care to.

Everything is so handy right in the camper, just like home, so no need to drag everything elsewhere.

In fact, thinking about it now, we have never used any of the 'campground ammenities' like a pool, game room, shower, laundry, mini-store, firewood, etc.

We opt for full hookups in a well manicured campground and that's about it.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:14 AM   #10

Quote:
I know many use the community showers in the campgrounds but we never have and don't care to.

Everything is so handy right in the camper, just like home, so no need to drag everything elsewhere.

In fact, thinking about it now, we have never used any of the 'campground ammenities' like a pool, game room, shower, laundry, mini-store, firewood, etc.

We opt for full hookups in a well manicured campground and that's about it.
Haha! Your shower must be nicer than ours was in the FF fbr. I "drag" a plastic grocery bag with my shampoo, body wash and puff and a towel to the shower. That's it. I wear my flip flops that I use in the shower and wear my long hooded robe that Paul says makes me look like the grim reaper in the early morning mist. It's peaceful and everyone else is still sleeping. If the showers are a ways away I drive over. None of our water is used and none fills up our grey tank. I brush my teeth and dry my hair when I get back. Easy peasy. We never pay for full hook ups. Just electric, or like Leelenau State Park, nothing. We are complete opposites aren't we? Lol!!
Old 06-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
As I understand it, the sprayers are designed to drip a bit in order to regulate the water Temperature. Don't ask me how that works though. The question has been asked a lot on things I've read.
That is true, but the OE showerhead barely stopped the water flow at all. This one reduces it to a slow drip.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Haha! Your shower must be nicer than ours was in the FF fbr. I "drag" a plastic grocery bag with my shampoo, body wash and puff and a towel to the shower. That's it. I wear my flip flops that I use in the shower and wear my long hooded robe that Paul says makes me look like the grim reaper in the early morning mist. It's peaceful and everyone else is still sleeping. If the showers are a ways away I drive over. None of our water is used and none fills up our grey tank. I brush my teeth and dry my hair when I get back. Easy peasy. We never pay for full hook ups. Just electric, or like Leelenau State Park, nothing. We are complete opposites aren't we? Lol!!
Perhaps nicer since I installed an extended shower curtain bar: Extend-A-Shower Expanding Shower Rod - White Finish - Stromberg Carlson EXT-35-42 - Shower - Camping World

The tub/shower area is 24"x36" so the expanding shower rod is a plus.

It enhances the 'shower area' greatly.

Love your "grim reaper" comment LOL LOL

Everyone has their own preferences or gee, we'd all have the same camper pulled by the same tow vehicle!
LOL
Old 06-18-2017, 06:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Perhaps nicer since I installed an extended shower curtain bar: Extend-A-Shower Expanding Shower Rod - White Finish - Stromberg Carlson EXT-35-42 - Shower - Camping World

The tub/shower area is 24"x36" so the expanding shower rod is a plus.

It enhances the 'shower area' greatly.

Love your "grim reaper" comment LOL LOL

Everyone has their own preferences or gee, we'd all have the same camper pulled by the same tow vehicle!
LOL
Yes, you and I are different types of campers as we knew before. Those extend-a-rods are great. Neither our FF or this Shasta can use one though. The FF was s corner stall and the Shasta has a cabinet in the way. But the Shasta's shower is bigger.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Give a review.
The shower hose arrived yesterday and only took a few minutes to remove the factory hose and replace it... easy peasy.

I did a 'dry run' and the long length/ reach is so much better.
The hose is very flexible, well made and has good connection ends. It comes with new rubber washers too for leak free connections.

Very pleased.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #15

Quote:
The shower hose arrived yesterday and only took a few minutes to remove the factory hose and replace it... easy peasy.

I did a 'dry run' and the long length/ reach is so much better.
The hose is very flexible, well made and has good connection ends. It comes with new rubber washers too for leak free connections.

Very pleased.
Glad to hear it is a success.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #16

Quote:
I'm with you! We almost always use the campground facilities. We do like CGs with water hook-up tho for all of the other water needs. To be honest, we've never used the shower as a people shower. The tub is the storage bin for our camp chairs and "coffee" table, power cables and broom/dust pan combo .
I "haul" a towel, bar of soap & a hair brush (I still have hair)! Flip-flops, shorts & if it's dark out, no shirt ("but I must") .
BTW, you forgot to add "lemon squeezy" to easy peasy
RipVan

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #17

I purposely bought an RV with a shower I can use, that's why we went with a corner radius with the Skylight for the head room. We use ours all the time, I will use the CG facilities if they are nice and I want a shower before bed or we are in one place for over a week. I just have to remember to tie my sweatshirt around my neck not lay it on the handle bars of the mountain bike. lol Silverado
Old 06-25-2017, 07:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVan View Post
I'm with you! We almost always use the campground facilities. We do like CGs with water hook-up tho for all of the other water needs. To be honest, we've never used the shower as a people shower. The tub is the storage bin for our camp chairs and "coffee" table, power cables and broom/dust pan combo .
I "haul" a towel, bar of soap & a hair brush (I still have hair)! Flip-flops, shorts & if it's dark out, no shirt ("but I must") .
BTW, you forgot to add "lemon squeezy" to easy peasy
RipVan
Haha, "lemon squeezy"......
Old 06-25-2017, 07:28 AM   #19

Okay, we just got back from a camping trip. First morning I go over to the shower house at 6am as usual. First of all, they hadn't cleaned the showers yet. Then I discovered that I needed tokens to use the shower! 25 cents for seven minutes. So I walk back to the RV in disgust.
I decide I will take a shower in the RV for the first time. I discover that the Oxygenic shower head is amazing. Unbelievable water pressure and we weren't hooked to city water. The tub is plenty big to be comfortable too. But two things are bothersome. The shower curtain wants to cling to you and getting out was almost literally a "trip" since the tub bottom is higher than the floor and the toilet is right there. I may sew some weights into the bottom of the curtain and we have a grab handle we can install also. The shower also didn't use much water at all since I could turn the flow off and on easily. But...I still think I like the campground showers better in the State Parks since they are clean early and you can use as much water as you like for free without worrying about the fresh and grey water capacities.