Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 PM   #1

Default Lots of little things

We've been busy with the little camper. I feel sort of bad, I find this trailer, we buy it and my husband gets stuck fixing things. To be honest, I'd be happy to get up on the ladder in 100+ degrees, but he is a perfectionist and I can't wield a calking gun to his standards.

As mentioned, the soft spot in the front is fixed, wall is papered and looks nice. We have a new fantastic fan instead of a leaky cracked skylight, and all new vents on the roof. All seams and penetrations have been cleaned and re-sealed with dicor self-leveling or non sag.

Found some of the sticky back tile and put a backsplash up around sink and stove.

Awaiting some stylish reading wall lights to replace the lights on each side of dinette.

Having good luck peeling off bad decals, we will wait to replace or repaint.

Finally took the time to read instruction on gallery, so will post some pictures.

We are gearing up for a lot of trips in late summer early fall!

I'm a chronic camper "flipper" but we are keeping this one!! I think there is nothing I would rather have. Especially since we paid $4500.

Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:05 PM   #2

$4500?? That is the bargain of the century --well done! Was this from a private party?? Wow!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:07 AM   #3

yes, a craigslist ad and the seller was just a few miles away. we were lucky and got there first. We saw the few issues, but figured it was easily fixable.

We are almost finished, and all that remains is checking the AC gasket. since it is a 2006, I'm hoping it is ok, but the areas the ceiling got wet, I'm nervous about it. water can be so sneaky, it's hard to tell where it gets in! the wrinkles are above the vanity mostly, but then there are areas above the fridge. It was a very hard rain, but we had also run the AC for a couple of days while working inside, so it could have been condensation.

a few weeks ago, there was a casita 16' on craigslist for $4800. It was a 2000 model. I watched it last about 2 hours before it sold. I used to think a casita with 2 dinettes was my 'camper goal'. no more, the fun finder weighs less and is much nicer inside.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
.....We are almost finished, and all that remains is checking the AC gasket. since it is a 2006, I'm hoping it is ok, but the areas the ceiling got wet....
Most likely cause of drips via the air conditioner can be plugged drain lines up top.

If this is the cause, its not water "leaking" into the trailer through a spot that needs to be sealed. Rather its leaking in through the AC unit itself.

Under the cover up top you will find the hose(s) that allows the AC water to drain out onto your roof. They get gummed up VERY easily and might need cleaning out.

A sure sign of this is when you stop noticing as much of the condensation dripping down the corner of your trailer as you used to!
Old 06-28-2018, 07:16 AM   #5

Ah, good to know. it has been SO hot and dry, we haven't noticed any water dripping down the corner when we have used the AC. Today we will take the cover off the AC and check the hoses. and if I understand, there could be a pan for the condensation too?

when I look into the AC from inside the camper, there is no evidence of any water entering around the edges of the roof. wood is clean and dry.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:51 PM   #6

Even on the hottest of days, I would expect to see some condensation on the roof and dripping off one of the corners of the trailer. I'm suspicious if there's none.
Yes, could simply be condensation forming inside all on its own.

So, I just thought if water is getting inside from the AC, then plugged drain holes on the side of the drip pan would be as place to start.

There may be hoses directing the water away, or just a drain pan.

Lots of YouTube videos on it.

I'm heading out in the morning for a week in 90F + forecast all week plus very high humidity, so I'll be giving my AC a real workout this trip!