Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneybeem
Funny to see the Austrailian versions of the Funfinders in the videos you gave links to. The door is on the opposite side as is the slides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
I do hope you remember to install ALL of the larger interior items BEFORE the outside is fully enclosed and sealed.

The door and window openings are only so large!!

Here are some videos of their construction in their factory:

Part 1:
Part 2:

Part 3:
Part 4:

I think that is because in Australia, they drive on the left hand side of the road unlike in the USA where we drive on the right hand side of the road.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #22

Default Still pushing foward!

Ok I know its been a while but I have been busy with life in general and camper repairs. This is what I have so far. The siding is on and all the windows are in. Everything is sealed up except for the door and the outside plug (I will tackle them next weekend).

This is what my ceiling is going to look like!

Replaced the fresh water fill with what I feel is a better design and replace the city water connection while I was at it.

Water tank is in place, water pump is screwed down, hot water heater is in, all wired up, and the start of the bed frame is in place. The the top of the frame for the bed around the water heater and fresh water tank is removable for easy assess.

Heater and electrical box is in. Heater is wired up and started reconnecting all the electrical box wiring. We are not putting the A/C back on the roof. So we are getting a dual hose portable A/C unit and putting it where the fridge was. The vent cover for the fridge will be some how converted to accept the hoses for the A/C.

Battery compartment is framed out, and bathroom wall is framed out (but not in place). Since we will sold the fridge the cooler will be on top of the battery box so its out of place and easy to get to. The battery box will also have a top that can be removed to get to the battery and for storage.

This is my new aluminum roof. Working on getting all the vents installed but as of now it is all sealed up!

And instead of having the junction box inside (and putting more holes in the floor) I got a outside box. Didn't get it wired up yet

Hope you like my progress! I got a camping trip in 2 weeks I'm hoping to have it rolling by then. I wont have it completely finished but there are no connections at this site so, all it will be is a place to sleep.

looking4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #23

Default Re: Still pushing foward!

You guys are AMAZING. We even shy away from the simple modifications on our 210uds. We feel so inspired by the restoration and the (seemingly) fearless way you undertook the project. Cannot wait to see the final product. Well done!
mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #24

Default Re: Still pushing foward!

Quote:
You guys are AMAZING. We even shy away from the simple modifications on our 210uds. We feel so inspired by the restoration and the (seemingly) fearless way you undertook the project. Cannot wait to see the final product. Well done!
Thanks for the motivating words! I usually get an idea, dive right into it and then end up over my head. But the only way to fix/dig my way out of it it is to keep going. We are definitely scratching our heads from time to time thinking now how should we do that. But it will be worth it in the end (hopefully lol.) More pictures to come soon! I'm not going to be able to work on the camper all weekend this sat and Sunday but I will take pic of my progress.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
roy

Awesome work and craftmanship!!

Now if I could get you a plane ticket to come fix my 2012 XT276 nightmare that Cruiser built blind folded and with illiterates from the local unemployment office to build it.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #26

Roy,
Sorry to hear about the problems with you trailer. I also read your other post about it too. I believe all the appliances work when I took them out but I only turned them on then off once it did something. Other then that all my repairs are due to lack of maintenance. The roof and windows leaked (which in turn destroyed the floor) and the previous owner didn't know to check or knew and just decided not to fix it. Good luck with your camper though. I hope you get everything worked out.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #27

WOW~ nice going on the rebuild. I'm impressed!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #28

Quote:
WOW~ nice going on the rebuild. I'm impressed!
Thanks! It needs to be rolling by next Friday for a camping trip. I got to crank out a lot of work this weekend if I'm going to make this trip. I will take pics when I can but they will probably more of end of the day pictures.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #29

Ok it was a long weekend but I got the walls back up. Just a few more things to tie up before my weekend trip. Now I know people don't like the idea of wood for the walls because of the weight but I found 1/4" tongue/groove panels so I don't think it will be that much heavier then it was. I think it came out pretty good.
This is what I got done on satureday. I took a picture of the back wall but it came out bad so I wont post it.

This is what the front looks like after today.

This is the back of the camper.

This is my wife cleaning up my mess after a long day of working.

And this is me exhausted! There is just a few things left to do before my trip next weekend. I can't wait and I'm super excited that I'm going to get to use it! It been a long dark road but I can see the sun on the horizon!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #30

Nice progress.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #31

Well I'm tired and worn out. I didn't get everything done that I wanted before this weekend trip. But I did get enough done to take it on this trip. So I am very excited. Battery is ready to go and I wired up the lights. There was a 30amp self resetting circuit breaker but I replaced it with a 30amp manual resetting breaker with a trip button so I can disconnect the battery when not in use. I finished the covers for the battery box and over the heater/electrical box. I finished resealing the door and cover for the external plug (I lost the cover so had to get a new one). I bolted down the toilet and sealed all the piping so there are no smells in the camper. And tightened up a wheel bearing that was a little loose for my liking. I was trying to get the propane lines hooked up for the heater and capped all the other ends that weren't being used but that is something I wasn't able get done so lets hope its not to cold during the nights. Its going to be close to home trip (within 70miles of where I keep it) so Im not anticipating anything going wrong but I'm happy its a close to home trip for the first time out.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #32

Amazing job looking4fun! Would be interested in the weight when complete vs original weight.

mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #33

Our first camping trip with our camper was a fun one! We took it to stokes state forest in NJ. There was a few hiccups (not due to the camper) during the trip but they didn't put a downer on the trip . I didn't have enough time to hook up/test the propane heater in the camper, so we decided to bring our heavy comforter. Well during the rush to get on the road we forgot the comforter. We had a few light blankets and figured that would be enough, but wow did I wish I had that comforter. Friday night the temps dropped lower then we thought they were going to. My wife and I were shivering and clinging to each other just to try and generate as much body heat as possible. I think my arm went numb at one point cause my wife was squeezing it so hard lol. Saturday was a great day. It warmed up, it was sunny, and there was no wind for most of the day. But the forecast called for thunderstorms and dropping temps for Saturday night. Not wanting to risk another freezing night, we decided to pack up and head home after dinner on Saturday. We stayed at my parents place and decided to work on the camper a little more on Sunday. I did a few little repairs but I made sure that heat was fully functional by the end of the day. I'm planning another camping trip mid October and I'm not taking any chances.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Amazing job looking4fun! Would be interested in the weight when complete vs original weight.

This is something that I want to find out also so I had the trailer weighted before the all the work began. Once I'm done I will have it weighted again.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #35

I would say you have done an amazing job!

Old 09-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #36

Quote:
I would say you have done an amazing job!

Thanks! There is still a lot more to go so this thread isn't done yet. I was getting frustrated and a little down since it is taking way longer to fix then I anticipated, but now that I am able to use the camper it has sparked my motivation to keep going! I got a overnight (tent) camping trip in the beginning of October but I am planing another trip that I will use the camper in mid October.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #37

Hey guy I got alittle more done yeasterday and I think its looking pretty good so far. As you can see the bed frame is completely finished with the exception of some light sanding. In the picture you can see the curtians my wife made from some fabric she thought would go good with the wood.

The framing for the counter is going in. We ran out of the size screws we need so we couldn't finish it.

I started to reinstall the shower base. The plywood base was very flimsy so I replaced it with a thicker piece. Im trying to get the drain pipe lined up but I may have to modify it some.

The plumbing is started to be put back together. I had to shorten up some of the pipes to make it a lot neater.

Neatened up my wiring and you can see the cold/hot water pipes going in. I'm keeping the switches for the water pump and hot water heater under the counter so it looks neat.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #38

According to that Australian video the roofs of even the small trailers are made to where 2-3 people can walk on them at once, but I have read mixed reports from folks on here, about walking on the roof...
wolfgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #39

I've walked on the roof of my XT276 to check the caulking and scrub it clean like recommended.

I don't konw about 2 or 3 people but believe it would hold them with no problem as no deflection from just me alone.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #40

Send a message via AIM to shadow

Man that is really nice, well done!

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote