Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #1

Default Mods and upgrades to FunFinder Xtra XT-190 for Kansas Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas newbie
What model is your favorite? Have you done any "mods" to her/him?
Hi Kansas Newbie,
Thank you for the questions...
I have a 6'x10' Look Vision Cargo Conversion that I love and use for short and close to home trips and I have a 2008 CruiserRV FunFinder Xtra XT-190 Toy Hauler... Toy hauler is nice and roomier, but confines space somewhat, even without the ATV... I love both trailers and feel whatever works best is the favorite today

I have made a few mods ... Paper Towel Holder, Pot/Pan Hanger over space between stove and sink (I am one of the few that actually use the kitchen), No TV's when received and needed to change main dining/living room TV Bracket and installed a 12 volt/110 volt 19" LED TV and installed another Bracket and TV in bedroom (None ever installed), hat/coat rack over drop door, and other small stuff ... converted closet to shelves, added baskets to all galley shelves...

The previous owner said they hit a large owl, damaging the front fiberglass panel; they had the entire front panel updated to aluminum and removed the front window ... this is okay with me, but I miss the window...

Plans for future changes:
Complete changing all bulbs to LED, UPGRADE puny stove vent and light, Upgrade puny and noisy Vent fan, Upgrade TV antenna and preamp, Upgrade steps to scissor steps (Factory installed steps are okay, but somewhat stiff, even when lub'ed), and what ever else comes along...

I have the trailer covered for the winter and will take pics when it starts to warm up.

What trailer do you have/had/plan to get? Do you camp much? How far from Kansas to you travel?

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #2

John -- you mentioned scissor steps -- I installed the Glowstep Revolution by Torklift -- really great -- very stable and safe. Here is my report on the installation and the steps, in case you are interested:

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Glow Step Revolution: Pros & Cons (See Update in 1st Post)

Let me know if you have any questions!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:02 PM   #3

Hi profdant139,
That is the same step I was looking at...

Thanks for the response and I do have a couple questions:
-- How have the steps held up for you; are they still sturdy without wobble??

-- What axles do you have?

Thanks again...

Old 01-07-2016, 08:05 PM   #4

They are sturdy, but I have only used them for about a week of camping. And I have heavy duty axles -- we paid extra for an upgrade.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:17 PM   #5

Hi profdant139,
I don't see anything in the paperwork that indicates heavy duty; they do call the suspension "Air Ride" though and from what I see in the rear view mirror and inside the trailer when we stop, the suspension appears to ride well...

The trailer only has 14" tires/wheels and I would prefer 15", but there may not be enough clearance to allow the fit...

Thanks again for the response and I will check Camping World for the scissor steps before my AZ trip and also to see if the old steps will fit my Look Cargo Conversion ... they would make a nice addition to the CC...