Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #1

Default Need help with Fun Finder 242BDS rear stabilizer

I just realized that my trailer was delivered with the wrong jacks on the rear. They installed 20" jacks on a trailer that sits 28" off the ground.

At full extension there is a good 4" missing. Can anyone help me by measuring the arm of their rear jack in the up position so I can make a claim? My dealer is saying this is normal.

Skripo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm not near my trailer so I can't measure, but you could contact one of the manufacturers; bal, ultrafab and ask them which is the right model for your trailer height.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #3

I already know what the right one is, the 30" which is their biggest. I am just trying to figure out if they installed the wrong ones by having Fun Finder owners confirm what's on their trailers.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #4
roy

Email or call Cruiser and provide them with your VIN. That way they can tell you what's suppose to be on it.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #5

I did that, after much waffling and saying they weren't sure they then came back and claimed those were correct.

The fact is that those jacks are not even close to correct and don't even come close to the weight or length requirements.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #6

I just got home and my trailer's sitting in the driveway. I'll go measure, but you'll have to tell me what to measure. Mine's a 2015 189FDS.

Regards,
Michelle
Old 07-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #7

I need to withdraw my offer to measure for you...

Just went outside and mine don't touch the ground, either (2015 189FDS). Sure seems like Cruiser products (at least their Fun Finder line) have gone to hell...
Old 07-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #8

Thanks for the confirmation. It's what I needed to know.

I am scrapping all the stabs and going for an Ultra-Fab PowerTwin II-30" Electric RV Leveling Stabilizer.

For about $1,200 I will never have to mess with chocks, x chocks, levelling, or JT strong arms.

I'll post a review when done.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #9

Electric........ Great concept, but can be failure prone. A couple blocks under the Stab's and manual crank (with socket and cordless drill) is more reliable, not hard to do, and faster than electric IMO.

Hope it is what you are looking for.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #10

I understand the risk with electrical systems but there is a manual override.

Look at the system and you will see it solves a raft of problems. This is my stabilizing shopping list before I decided to go with Ultra-Fab:

2X Anderson Levelers @ $80.00 toal
1X JT Strongarm stabilizer, front and back $255.00
1X Bal Xchock dual pack @ $77.00
2X Pack of lynx blocks for rear stabs $62.00
Total $474.00

Procedure would have been to park, unhitch, level with Andersens, unhitch, level front to back, chock, stack blocks, deploy stabs, then Xchock. That would have been a long process that would only have given me OK stabilization because of the over extended rear stabs.

With the Ultra Fab system I don't have all that equipment to lug around and all I have to do is park, unhitch, level front to back, deploy stabs, use the Ultra Fab system to level. By slightly lifting the trailer, I eliminate the suspension bounce and get a a rock solid platform. All this for only $600.00 more than what I would have paid for all the aforementioned equipment that could never go as good a job.

I did intensive research and spoke to the guys at Ultra-Fab at length several times and have no fear of tweaking the frame or some such. The idea is to deploy them until they are secure, then raise the low side at the same time. I know this will trigger a massive debate, but that's the way I am going.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to shadow

It looks like a pretty simple system and easy to use for sure. let us know how it turns out, I may end up doing the same!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:39 AM   #12

Default Ultra Fab

Skripo, How did the Ultra Fab Jacks work for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripo
I understand the risk with electrical systems but there is a manual override.

Look at the system and you will see it solves a raft of problems. This is my stabilizing shopping list before I decided to go with Ultra-Fab:

2X Anderson Levelers @ $80.00 toal
1X JT Strongarm stabilizer, front and back $255.00
1X Bal Xchock dual pack @ $77.00
2X Pack of lynx blocks for rear stabs $62.00
Total $474.00

Procedure would have been to park, unhitch, level with Andersens, unhitch, level front to back, chock, stack blocks, deploy stabs, then Xchock. That would have been a long process that would only have given me OK stabilization because of the over extended rear stabs.

With the Ultra Fab system I don't have all that equipment to lug around and all I have to do is park, unhitch, level front to back, deploy stabs, use the Ultra Fab system to level. By slightly lifting the trailer, I eliminate the suspension bounce and get a a rock solid platform. All this for only $600.00 more than what I would have paid for all the aforementioned equipment that could never go as good a job.

I did intensive research and spoke to the guys at Ultra-Fab at length several times and have no fear of tweaking the frame or some such. The idea is to deploy them until they are secure, then raise the low side at the same time. I know this will trigger a massive debate, but that's the way I am going.
Rvnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to shadow

I researched these a bit and found reviews were less than stellar, many claimed failures after a year, a lot of bending complaints on the struts and motor failures. I would be curious to see how these work out for you.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #14

Default 242 rear Stabilizers

Skripo
In case you haven't heard back from Cruiser, I'll give you the bad news. I just bought a 2014 233RBS...same problem. First time camping I needed 6 inches of blocks on each side just to make contact...and I was on level ground. Email to Cruiser got a response that this is how they were designed. We're supposed to know to bring a trailer load of blocks just to reach the ground. Sounds stupid but that's really what they said. I gave it back to my dealer and said "unsatisfactory...fix it". The dealer is right now embroiled in an engineering argument with Cruiser. I 'll let you all know when I finally get it back. Cliff

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #15

I actually followed up with someone internal at cruiser RV and was told I had the wrong stabs. The bill of materials called for 21" not the 19" I got. I didn't push the issue because I installed an Ultra-Fab Power Twin II which is amazing.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #16

I actually followed up with someone internal at cruiser RV and was told I had the wrong stabs. The bill of materials called for 21" not the 19" I got. I didn't push the issue because I installed an Ultra-Fab Power Twin II which is amazing.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #17

Sorry about the delay in updating my Ultra-Install. They are absolutely brilliant. I will write up a review the moment I get some free time.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
I researched these a bit and found reviews were less than stellar, many claimed failures after a year, a lot of bending complaints on the struts and motor failures. I would be curious to see how these work out for you.
The negative reviews are for the Lippert single motor system. I know Ultra-Fab builds them for Lippert. They have redesigned that system and it no longer bends.

I got the Power Twin II which is an altogether different system with dual motors and much thicker steel. Absolutely amazing system.