Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2018, 11:56 AM   #1

Default New AT&T Internet Device

We got rid of our cable tv and internet service last fall. We took out the At&T new internet for our home. We were told it is basically for people who live out in the country and cannot get internet. We absolutely love it. My internet runs just as fast as it did with Spectrum TV. We have 250 GB of service each month and we have yet to go over our limit. Now here is the really wonderful feature. It just unplugs and we can take it with us when we travel.

We had not tried it out until this weekend. I work on the internet about an hour a day and we took our little box with us. We were out in the boonies surrounded by trees with no water, electric or and other services. We turned on the generator and I plugged in our box and turned on the computer and low and behold, there was the internet. It might have been a tiny bit slower, but it really worked great. It costs us $40.00 a month, we pay $60.00 because it includes our house phone. It is an ATT-WI-5271. It is a black square box about 7 inches square. We also watch Netflix tv and others through this box. We can watch about 3 to 3 1/2 hours of programs a day through Netflix, internet for 3 people and still come in under our 250 GB.

Wireless Internet - Voice - Includes unlimited Anytime
Minutes, Nationwide Long Distance, Call Forward feature,
Caller Number ID, Call Wait, Conference Call feature.
Monthly Charges - May 22 thru Jun 21
1. Wireless Internet - Voice 20.00
2. International Roaming Block 0.00
3. Wireless Internet - 250GB 4G LTE 40.00
Total Monthly Charges 60.00

I have no connectiion with AT&T but I have looked for a long time for a cheap way to have internet in the camper since I need to work. Now I don't have to find an McDonald's everytime we travel to go in and do my work. I love it and just thought it might help someone else out. If I remember right, we did have like a trial period to make sure we wanted it.

Cynsew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #2

Does this work when you have no cell service?? Like a satellite dish or something? If so, this is a game changer!!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #3

Well, I would call At&T and ask them about that. We used our cell phones, but we have our cell phones through At&T and we don't have very many areas where we don't have service.
Cynsew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:01 AM   #4
N&K

Send a message via AIM to N&K

Here's the coverage map for AT&T. Looks great east of the Rockies. Westside, focused on the populated areas, not much different than other carriers.

The link https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html I suspect you could only get service in the data transmission areas not in the voice only transmission areas.