Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2018, 10:26 AM   #1

Smile New member and old hand at RVs First fix

Wife and I are old hands at RV ing. Just bought a 2011 210 WBS as we liked the weight and island bed. Got tired of crawling over my wife to get up in the night.

Read about 42 pages of the forum in last 2 days and found it very insightful.

Our first trip out we set up and discovered water on the floor by Kitchen sink.. Quick search showed the sink trap had pulled loose from the tail piece under the sink. Nothing supports the drain line where it goes towards the back of the trailer. I reattached it and by the time we got home was separated again. FIX was a piece of 2x4 between floor and drain pipe with a strap screwed to it to carry the weight. First thought was why did not the brains at Cruiser figure this out. After reading a ton of posts here I get the idea.. Photos are available if you need a picture .. Not sure how to attach to this post

nevereveridle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Being old hands at RVing, your shared experience will be beneficial as one can ALWAYS learn something new.

AS for errors in production, seems to occur with all brands*, possibly due to the labor that doesn't care (lots of that these days), the push for fast unit production time and a lack of good quality care/final inspection process.

* just read a listing for a Prevost H3 for sale that went thru repairs to get all the bugs/glitches ironed out ........ at a cost of $11,000. Even units that sell for $1 - 2 million have issues.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:53 PM   #3

To make sure that the bottom end of this new support does not move sideways, you could drill through it at an angle at the bottom and run a screw down into the flooring. This is a version of "toe-nailing."
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink drain, sink leak