Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #1

Default new owner FF xt-245

Hello new to RVing but not to camping. I purchased a used 2010 xt-245 & I hooked up city water to it to test the hot water tank & shower before taking it out. Well found out the shower drain is not draining. Is there any shut off that might be closed our anything? Can you use drain or anything in these drains?

Also I can seem to find the switch for the pump if I am dry camping.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me & thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge love the forum.

Patty.

PattyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #2

I won't give a definitive answer to the drain question...don't know that particular model, but, I would find it fairly odd to have a drain shut-off valve on the shower. You could have one, I've seen stranger things, but, I find it unlikely. If it is clogged, I would first try a bathroom plunger to see if I could force a clog out before I tried Draino or the like. If you can't get it open, Draino sitting in the pan would hazardous to try and get out by hand.

As for the pump switch, again, I'm not familiar with that model. Mine is a simple white rocker switch on the wall labeled "Pump". A friend of ours has a 2011 x-244-RBS and his pump switch, if memory serves me correctly, is mounted in a "Command Center" near the floor right at the door as you enter the trailer. The "Command Center" houses the switches for most of his ancillary equipment; electric awning, water pump, porch light, etc. along with fuses and circuit breakers.

Maybe someone with your particular model on here can chime with exact answers as opposed to my "generalizations" ?

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #3

I can't advise about the drain, but on my 2012 the water pump is also controlled by a simple rocker switch on the top row of the switches next to the sink.

If that isn't working, I'm pretty sure there is a separate automotive-type fuse under the fridge.

Let us know.

Pete
Old 10-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Still working on the clogged drain.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #5

Thanks for the responses everyone. Found the pump switch it was on the command center.

No luck with my shower drain yet. I did try plunging and no good. If I plunged it and water still sitting plugged prett good. I really don't want to use draino. I'll root around just not seeing anything like a clean out.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #6

On these trailers, there usually isn't a clean out for the drains...they make a loop through the P trap and straight into the black or gray tanks (depending on where the drain is). If the plunger didn't budge it, it is probably a "hair ball" with caked on dried soap and water minerals. You could try a small flexible "snake", most hardware stores carry the slim ones designed for sinks, or go ahead and use Draino. The pipes can handle the corrosive chemicals, you won't hurt the pipes, it is just more "dangerous", personally, if that doesn't work and you're stuck with a drain pain full of caustic chemicals that you then have to deal with on top of the clog!

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #7

Found small snake will be trying it maybe tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #8

OK well I think I now have solved the drain problem. I ended up using the Air Plunger & Snake combo.

Thanks everyone as I think the little water that remains is because I am not exactly pervectly level. but atleast I can purt water into the drain & it goes down now.

Whew.