Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2018, 01:14 PM   #1

Default No water pressure

Hi,

I'm looking for possible other suggestions on what could possibly be wrong.

I am getting no water pressure inside the camper. I've checked the following:

1. Water pressure through the hose.
2. Filter where the hose connects to the water regulator.
3. The regulator itself.

Water flows up until somewhere between the hose from the regulator and any faucet in the camper. Any suggestions?

snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:01 PM   #2

When you say "no pressure," do you mean weak pressure or no flow at all? I assume the latter.

When you say "regulator," what device are you talking about? There is a pump near the fresh water tank. And some folks have installed an in-line pressure regulator.

There are two fill ports going into the trailer. One goes into the fresh water tank, and the other is labelled "city water." That is the port that you connect the hose to. The fresh water tank fill port is not a screw-on fixture. You just stick in a nozzle and fill your tank.

Once you have got this all sorted out, make sure that there are no valves closed on your line. Trace the valves along the plumbing.

If I had to guess, I would say that you are new to RVing. If so, ask lots of questions!! This whole thing will get easier and a lot more fun, very soon. Hang in there.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #3

I had the same problem....
When I hooked to city water, I had very low pressure in the trailer. When I used the tank and pump, pressure was fine. Fixed it.

Look under the sink. Is the a filter there? Mine had a filter mounted high up on the bottom of the countertop next to the sink. All city water had to flow through that filter before entering the system. Pump water from the tank did not flow through the filter.

I removed the filter and tested it. It was extremely clogged. Almost nothing would pass through.

You could replace it.... or.... do as I did... remove it. I always use an external filter on the end of my supply hose anyway so this one was redundant.

Now I have lots of pressure.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #4

off the topic of the thread, but thank you. I didn't realize there was such a thing as an external filter. just ordered a pack of 2!
Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
When you say "no pressure," do you mean weak pressure or no flow at all? I assume the latter.

When you say "regulator," what device are you talking about? There is a pump near the fresh water tank. And some folks have installed an in-line pressure regulator.

There are two fill ports going into the trailer. One goes into the fresh water tank, and the other is labelled "city water." That is the port that you connect the hose to. The fresh water tank fill port is not a screw-on fixture. You just stick in a nozzle and fill your tank.

Once you have got this all sorted out, make sure that there are no valves closed on your line. Trace the valves along the plumbing.

If I had to guess, I would say that you are new to RVing. If so, ask lots of questions!! This whole thing will get easier and a lot more fun, very soon. Hang in there.
When I said "no pressure", I meant no pressure.

When I said "regulator", I meant the water pressure regulator.

When I asked about this - I didn't need an explanation of the difference of the city water hookup and the inlet for the holding tanks. I was specifically talking about the city water and I am well aware there is a holding tank with a pump attached. If I had needed that explanation, I would have asked.

I've been living full time in an RV for over a year - and I've closed no valves - so it wouldn't have been that either. Unfortunately this is the first time this issue has come up and I didn't get introduced to this by someone else - I chose it and therefore wasn't just handed all of the information I have needed since. Other than winterizing, I've just dealt with things as they happened.

I did trace the lines and I found my problem. What I didn't know was that under the sink in my bathroom, there was an inline filter. This was the entire issue and has been replaced.

Thank you all for your responses.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:40 PM   #6

I guess my post was not clear.... there may be a water filter under the sink and if it is clogged (as mine was) then it will definitely cause low pressure.

Mine was clogged so bad that you could hardly blow air through it, much less water.

It needs to be checked if you are experiencing low pressure when hooked to a hose that supplies constant water.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:04 PM   #7

I did understand. but I hadn't thought of running hose water through a filter on the way to the tank. so I looked the available rv water filters up, and there is one that you put between the faucet and the fresh tank fill and you can filter the water going into your fresh tank. Or you can put it between the faucet and the city water hook up. either way, you can filter the water coming in to the camper. I really like that idea!
Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
I did understand. but I hadn't thought of running hose water through a filter on the way to the tank. so I looked the available rv water filters up, and there is one that you put between the faucet and the fresh tank fill and you can filter the water going into your fresh tank. Or you can put it between the faucet and the city water hook up. either way, you can filter the water coming in to the camper. I really like that idea!
Ah! I mis-understood. Yes, using an external filter is the way to go. Easy to use and easy to change.

For dire emergencies, we carry one of those portable super filters that you can use to drink water from a puddle full of horse pucky and it won't hurt you. Never tried it though.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post

I have one of those purchased about 4 years ago but have never used it. I figured if at a campground with bad tasting water, would have it available.
However, we always carry bottled water to drink, kept nice a cold in a cooler.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:35 AM   #10

One member already mentioned the water filter. Fun Finder has a way of hiding them in several places. I would find it and be sure it is not plugged. Our present trailer has the filter under the kitchen sink. Our previous Fun Finder had it under the bunk bed. Another possibility to check is the winter drains. If left open, water pressure is lost running out below the trailer. Maybe you are parked where the water ran off unnoticed? Worth a look.
code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #11

On our 2006 X189 I found a looping hose under the bed near the water tank that had kinked, probably because the installer had made the loop too tight a bend. Once I lengthened the hose, water flowed fine.
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:41 AM   #12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post

Thanks for this!!! I am defenitely new to this and spent the first year tracing down all the wiring to resolve why one weensy bulb kept burning out. This year is my first year figuring out the plumbing!!!

Your explanation has just resolved a big mystery in my head as to why there were two ways to get water into my fun finder! 😀

dogs_rule is offline   Reply With Quote