Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #1

Default Not much hot water on city line.

I have a 2009 Fun Finder 18-9 w-slid out. When hooked up to city water the cold side runs fine,but the hot barely runs at all. When using pump all runs fine. Hope someone can help.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #2

Altho we have an 07 FF 139, the plumbing is probably similar. Try tracing the inlet line of the city water setup, checking to see that there is no isolation valve between the input and the hot water tank. If there is one, make sure it is open. Best o' luck!

'00 Miata MX5
mozart42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion,I found two valves. one go's to the lower part of the water heater,it is open. the other comes out of the top of the water heater,it is closed. The trailer came new this way. Is that closed valve something to do with a bypass or is that my broblem. Thanks agin for your help......Jerry from Azusa CA...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #4

RE: found two valves. one go's to the lower part of the water heater,it is open. the other comes out of the top of the water heater,it is closed.

open both the top valve (probably on a red color line, which is the heater hot water outlet) and the bottom valve (probably on a white line, the cold water input to the heater). Also, be sure that if you have a line Tee-ed between the hot water and cold water lines, the T'ed line being your bypass line (used for winterizing), that the valve in this short bypass line is closed all the way.

my puzzle is why is seems like you're getting hot water using the on-board pump and not when using the city water hookup, for the hot water has to come out of the top heater outlet in both cases. hmmmmm...

do think you're close to getting at all setup okay!

don
'00 Miata MX5
mozart42 is offline   Reply With Quote