Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #1

Default Outlets not working

Have 2008 extra 200 and no outlets working....replace one in bath but still nothing. Doesn't seem to be getting power to them but all fuses ok???? Any thoughts?

dirtnbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #2

I do not know your specific trailer. In general, there should be a power convertor inside with the fuses inside? It will have the circuit breakers built in as well. I would switch off each one. Wait a few seconds and switch them back on. Sometimes a tripped breaker is hard to notice. The switch only moves slightly. If they are fine, then one of your outlets, inside or outside, will be a GFCI (Ground Fault Interrupter) having 2 buttons between the duplex outlets. One is a test button which should cause the other to pop up when pressed. be sure to press the reset button. It stops power to all your outlets when tripped.
Good luck.

code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #3

Thank you..I tried all breakers and pulled all fuses out and looked at them and put a new gfci in bath but still nothing
dirtnbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #4
N&K

Send a message via AIM to N&K

I apologize if these questions are so simple they are offensive, just trying to help. Are your electric lights working? Is your trailer plugged into an electric outlet, or are you running off the batteries? Is anything electrical in the trailer working? Do you have a main electrical cut-off switch in your trailer? Have you checked the main fuse that is close to your battery?
Old 07-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #5

Lets make sure there is 120 VAC getting in the trailer. If the new GFCI in the bath is wired correctly and has power to it, it should trip by pressing the test button. If it does not trip, popping the reset button up, it is wired incorrectly or has no power to it. Another test of AC power entering the trailer would be voltage at the battery. It should be higher than 12.6 VDC when AC cord is plugged in and lower when unplugged. Most Fun Finders have a power cord that plugs into a socket on the outside wall. Possible broken prong or just bad connection there would lose power in trailer. Good luck.
code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #6
Pep

It is most likely a ground fault plug in that is tripped. push the trip button on each one and reset. If one is tripped then no plug ins will work.This happened to me twice and the first time was the one in the bathroom that was tripped. It happened again while using the outside receptacle. I now carry an extension cord for my outdoor cooking and hook into the plug in at the park power outlet.
Pep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:27 AM   #7

There are 3 electrical systems. One 12 volt tied into the tow vehicle. It operates your ‘car’ functions like signals, brakes, headlight lighting on the trailer. This is wired into your car when you plug the trailer into the back of your tow vehicle. The 2nd 12 volt system operates things in the trailer like overhead lights, reading lights, stove fan and other ‘off grid’ things. The third system is the 110 volt system. This is the plugs, a/c, fridge (when not on gas) etc. When you open up your main ‘fuse’ box / powerbox (aka power converter) you will see small car-type coloured fuses for the trailer 12v system each of which will have it’s own small different coloured wire for tracing it; and some large breakers on the other side for the 110 system (which you plug into your home or into the 30amp post when camping) Some breakers are 30 amps (a/c) 20amps ( fridge/microwave) and 15 amps. The receptacles/plugs will run off one of the 15 amp breakers. The wiring attached to this side Of the power converter is thicker solid wire and similar to house wiring. One will be hot one will be neutral and one will be ground (this one can be a stranded wire) check to make sure all the wires are properly attached to the ‘box’ and properly grounded. This may involve gently pulling the entire converter out a bit so you can see where things attach. If you google the model of your power converter you should be able to find a diagram online if all the power it entails. Make sure your trailer is not plugged in when you are messing around. Like any home wiring it can be dangerous to play with. Also if everything seems in order(all fuses fine and all breakers not tripped) you may have a problem with the wiring within the unit itself. I could tell on mine that at some point someone had done a lazy job of reconnecting wires so I had to do a bit of reconnecting. I still have one set of 110 amp wires not connected to a breaker that I had to cap as they were just left loose in the box. I may try to figure out what they are for this year. So far I have’t found anything that isn’t working so its a mystery to me. But have also been told it could just be wiring laid in at the factory for an option my trailer never had. Hope this helps.
dogs_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #8

Do you know if you have any AC power to the unit? You say no outlets working. So not microwave either? The trailer is plugged into a 30 amp circuit or do you have the 15 amp interface plug on and it is plugged into a regular outlet? I'm assuming that aircon isn't working either? Do you have a meter? Can you buy one and measure the voltage at the source and then in the trailer? Need more answers in order to help you.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:05 AM   #9

Default No outlets working

I would check the GFI...either wired incorrectly or it is a defective outlet. All outlets going dead has happened to me twice...first time, a mystery. The second time I just reset the bathroom and all was fixed.

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring