Old 05-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #1

Default Over filled water tank

Help, i was filling my water tank and got busy and forgot about it filling, and it overflowed the water tank and it expand and lifted the floor at the seam right inside my front door on my 2015 xt276. I think the tank is still expand on the top and holding up the floor at the seam. It's still usable this happened last spring. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if anyone has pictures or anything of how the water tank is removed. It didn't hurt any walls or cabinets or leak, I got Lucky there but my floor is about 1/4 - 1/2 in higer than the front part of floor. I need to get under it and pull the bottom out and see if I can pull the floor back down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bigbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #2

I have never heard of such a thing! If the top of the tank is bowed up, that will be hard to fix from underneath. The goal, I guess, would be to cause the top to curve in the other direction.

Here is an idea -- this could not hurt, I think. Empty the tank. Then get several large and friendly people to stand very close together inside the trailer on the raised portion of the floor. If that does not work right away, have them jump in unison.

This project may require some beer.

If that does not work, maybe pile cinder blocks on the raised portion of the floor?

Let us know what happens!!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #3

I'v tried this, although not with more than 3 people. I'v thought about moving my weights out there and trying that I have close to 800lbs. I was going to drop the tank and see what's up with it. I'm just not sure how the best way to access the corragated on the underside.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:51 PM   #4

It happened last spring I put the hose in and was also buliding a deck trying to multitask and completely slipped my mind, untill I heard a pop it expanded the tank and bent the angle supports on the bottom and bowed the floor up. I had no idea that would happen, I guess I have really high water pressure. I was so mad at myself for forgetting about it and my wife was PO also.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #5

Try with the water tank empty and hook a shop vacuum to it and see what happens. Never heard of this before. A shop vacuum should not hurt anything. Silverado
Old 05-10-2018, 10:31 PM   #6

Silverado, that is a brilliant idea! Bigbrooks, you have to try that.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:06 AM   #7

My idea isn't as elegant as Silverado's, and more expensive: Try filling the water tank, at least partially, with hot water, and then try the weight trick. I know that the offending part of the tank is the top, but perhaps a bit of warmth will let the plastic change shape easier.

Another solution would be to raise the entire rest of the floor 1/4".

Please post a follow-up thread to let us know how you make out!
-- 1962 Wife / Partner-In-Life
vttimwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #8

I'll try these suggestions this weekend and report back. Just a reminder to never leave the tank unattended when filling.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbrooks View Post
I'll try these suggestions this weekend and report back. Just a reminder to never leave the tank unattended when filling.
I know this won't help you resolve your problem, but I was wondering how you can actually over fill the fresh water tank.

On mine, and every other trailer I've owned, I was able to stick the hose into the fill opening and forget about it until it was full. There is an overflow that starts dumping out water when its full, and only then I would pull out the hose.

Is there nothing on yours like this? I couldn't find a picture of the exact one on our FF but these are all similar.

In all three of these examples, the little hole with a screen is where the water comes squirting out when its full:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WaterFill1.JPG (13.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg WaterFill2.jpg (256.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg WaterFill3.jpg (9.3 KB, 37 views)

Truck rated to pull 10,700 lbs; Trailer dry: 3,820 lbs; Max Gross Weight: 6,045; (payload potential of 2,225 lbs).
DiverRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #10

Yes, the 276 has that vent/over fill tube buts it's only 1/2 in the pressure from my hose out of my house was too much it was putting in more than it could evacuate. Believe me I I thought the same thing but it happened. It made a very loud pop and bent the angle supports underneath, and buckled up the floor a bit. I was able to straighten the angle supports in my shop press but the floor doesn't want to come back down. My hose out after my hose is a 5/8 in also. Just a warning I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Thank goodness it wasn't damaged where I couldn't use it.