Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #1

Default Plugging RV Into Inverter

I have done this before in the past and I know there is some risk involved plugging the rv electric directly into the inverter to make all outlets live. However , we have a small inverter, use little to no electricity but we do need it for our LED table lamps, laptop or television.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but there is a fuse in the converter to disconnect. On my 230DS there is no marker on the converter indicating which fuse it is. I have two 40 amp fuses. Is it one of these and if so, how do I know which one?

Thanks in advance. We now have a 230W solar panel but I am waiting for the charge controller. More later on that.

qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #2

Default Re: Plugging RV Into Inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtla9111
I have done this before in the past and I know there is some risk involved plugging the rv electric directly into the inverter to make all outlets live. However , we have a small inverter, use little to no electricity but we do need it for our led light table lamps, laptop or television.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but there is a fuse in the converter to disconnect. On my 230DS there is no marker on the converter indicating which fuse it is. I have two 40 amp fuses. Is it one of these and if so, how do I know which one?

Thanks in advance. We now have a 230W solar panel but I am waiting for the charge controller. More later on that.
Yes it is bit risky but handy too.. Even I am working on solar panel and will get it very soon...
JessieLynch is offline   Reply With Quote