Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
sbb

Default Propane Leak

OMG imagine my surprise!! I got home Monday afternoon. That evening my husband smelled something and accused my clean black water hose. After a close sniff test it was not my hose or the bathroom or anything like that. Three days later I finally figured out it was the propane regulater...It had been leaking all this time, something you could smell coming down the driveway.

I had to leave again early Friday, so after a 40 mile round trip out of my way, my closest RV place replaced the part> I call Crusier and told the man and I should be covered under my warrenty. So..if you smell something like bad eggs, that's the propane, turn off the tank and get it fixed.

FYI I bought my trailer new in March, I do not understand how this part could go bad. The good news about doing a lot of traveling, I get to make sure everything works while covered.
I paided to have a second battery installed and I have to say..it really doesn't not buy me a lot of time. Generally how long can you boondock..could I last five days using just few lights for hour at night.? I am gone all day working. Thanks for your help.

50 Watt Solar Panel
36 Nights Out 2011
sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #2

If the second battery isn't enough, have you thought about purchasing a generator for backup? Thursday we went out and purchased a Honda EU3000i Handi and it really is super quiet when compared to the generator we have on hand (older one that is too big and too loud). We didn't get the electric start as that added approx another 75 lbs to the generator. Right now I can lift this new one without any difficulty if needed. One pull and it starts!

Glad your gas leak is fixed