Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #1

Default Replacing toilet valve 2006 FF T139

Hey everyone!
I purchased a 2006 FF T139 back in Nov and had to do a vehicle swap before I could move it. Now I've returned with my awesome 2010 Pathfinder, ready to get us out of the desert.

I have zero experience with RVs (pulled more than my fair share of horse trailers,though) and the dealer/service guy here has been nothing but unhelpful. When I filled the potable water tank, it immediately began leaking behind the toilet. Mr Unhelpful said, "Yeah that valve is broken, I don't have the part." A rather tense discussion ensued, given that this was now the 3rd issue I've had with the trailer that this guy told me he had check out himself and knew everything to be in working order, and Mr Unhelpful drove off without even telling me what the part was or how much it might cost.

The owners manual is no longer with the trailer and I've had no luck in my multiple attempts to speak with someone at Cruiser RV.

If any of you have this model and can tell me what the part name is that I need to replace, I'd be so very grateful. The broken part is the black hard plastic connector at the top of the toilet that connects to the top of the L shaped pvc piping.

Much obliged for any help!
Leslie Brown

CasAzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #2

You have a 'not so nice' dealer/service guy who appears to totally undependable as well as not helpful once got your $$.

Your camper, like all RV's, is made up of parts from various suppliers...so usually not necessary to buy a part only from the mfg of the unit. You may wish to visit a local RV dealership or repair center near you for assistance.

I don't have a FF 139 but here are several sources for parts of all types.

RV Parts and Supplies | Rv Accessories | RVPartsCountry.com

https://www.rvsupplyparts.com/

RV Supplies, RV Accessories & RV Parts for Motorhomes, Travel Trailers - Camping World

ShopRVparts - RV Parts and Supplies

RV Discount Suppliers Home page

RV Parts, RV Accessories RV Supplies Priced Low

Discount RV Parts-RV Parts and RV Accessories-RV Parts Online

RV Parts Nation

RV Parts & Accessories Texas, USA - Tweetys.com

RV Supply Warehouse | RV Accessories and Supplies

Home page

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/

https://dyersonline.com/

A search in their plumbing sections should show what part you are looking for.
Good luck.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:57 PM   #3

I have a 2007 139X. My valve froze last winter. You should have a Thetford toilet. You can get the valves online or at most RV dealers. Shame on your dealer.

There are 2 valve models I think you need Thetford #13168 valve but get your model # off the toilet and be sure. They are about $26.00 on Amazon.

They come with complete instructions. Basically you pull the toilet same as one in the house. Remove waterline, 2 floor bolts inside front panel, take the toilet which is very light, outdoors and replace valve. Reverse the above. I don't remember if I used a clamp and soft line or the slip-on PEX fittings. The kit comes with a foam gasket (think wax ring). The hardest part is the cramped quarters.

There may be a youtube video on it. Not sure.
GrandpaX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #4

P.S.

I wrote "I don't remember if I used a clamp and soft line or the slip-on PEX fittings."

All you do is unscrew the waterline by hand and tighten the line to the new valve same way. Easy.

Also, you can downlaod manuals at Thetford.com. I have had good luck finding manuals for everything from the awning to the AC by getting Make and model and searching the mfg. site. I keep them in a binder in the FF.

Enjoy your 139.
GrandpaX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #5

RV Toilets | Products | Thetford Corporation
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:12 AM   #6

Hang in there! The good news is that you have a 139, which (I think) is no longer made -- we have had two of them, and we have taken them into some really amazing places. (Check out my album on the galleries page, and you will see what I mean.) So once you have the toilet fixed, I predict that you are going to have a lot of fun.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
You have a 'not so nice' dealer/service guy who appears to totally undependable as well as not helpful once got your $$.

Your camper, like all RV's, is made up of parts from various suppliers...so usually not necessary to buy a part only from the mfg of the unit. You may wish to visit a local RV dealership or repair center near you for assistance.

I don't have a FF 139 but here are several sources for parts of all types.

RV Parts and Supplies | Rv Accessories | RVPartsCountry.com

https://www.rvsupplyparts.com/

RV Supplies, RV Accessories & RV Parts for Motorhomes, Travel Trailers - Camping World

ShopRVparts - RV Parts and Supplies

RV Discount Suppliers Home page

RV Parts, RV Accessories RV Supplies Priced Low

Discount RV Parts-RV Parts and RV Accessories-RV Parts Online

RV Parts Nation

RV Parts & Accessories Texas, USA - Tweetys.com

RV Supply Warehouse | RV Accessories and Supplies

Home page

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/

https://dyersonline.com/

A search in their plumbing sections should show what part you are looking for.
Good luck.
Thanks for this list!
Old 03-15-2016, 03:54 PM   #8

We had the same issue when we arrived at our first campsite of the season a few years ago. Seems our valve froze over the winter, oops. Bought a replacement at an rv store and installed it at the campground. Easy repair. Not giving you any real info, just assurance that you can fix it.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:32 PM   #9

From the postings ~ I'm thinking there isn't anything PaintyLiz can't fix!

Old 03-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #10

Lol... I really like to fix things... And if I can't fix it... I'll jury rig it... Lol
Old 03-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #11

I sure hope so! I'm about to park it at a bamboo farm and live out of it! Thanks for your encouraging words. ��
Old 03-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #12

So thankful for this board and all the helpful members!
Old 03-18-2016, 07:44 AM   #13

Are you going to full time in a 139? Wow. I love my 139, but I am not sure I could full time in it. Will you have hookups?

A bamboo farm?? I did not know that bamboo is grown commercially in the US -- I thought it was all imported. What will you be doing there?
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #14

Well, that's the plan, but luckily there's an unoccupied airstream twice the size next to where the 139 will plant, so maybe I'll get lucky and live in that instead.

My 139 was an impulse buy in Nov, and boy was I surprised at how small it really is when I got back to it this month. I can live in it because I spend 85% of my time outside anyway, but there sho ain't much space to store stuff. I'll only be an hour away from my parents' house, so I'll just keep the seasonal/occasional stuff there.

Yep, this is a quite successful commercial bamboo operation. I'm excited to be a part of it. Check out utilityresearchgarden.com. Website refresh is actually one of my new tasks, but the heart of the place is laid out nicely there.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #15

Utility Research Garden

Very interesting. Checked it out on Google maps too. Enjoy!!