Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #1

Default Roof & General Winterizing questions

Ok so I am now getting ready to winterize my Fun Finder 2010 XT245. I was underneath & saw a Red & White line appears to maybe be Water lines but not sure. They have 2 lines pointing down with what appears to be a nut like item on it. Is this possibly the Street water lines that bypass the tanks when connected to city water?

I am thinking I need to cover my ait conditioner because I have pine trees which like to throw pine needles around in winter when its blowing. How can I got about covering the A/C & can anyone think of anything else to cover up while I am covering. I didnt htink an entier trailer cover is necessary from what I am reading out here on this forum just dont think pine needs into AC is good idea.

Can I walk on the roof is there a weight limit? I bought it used so I dont have any documents to assist me I think I am going to contact cruiser RV & see if they have anything available for me to get a hold of on it but not sure how long this will take if its even possible.

PattyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #2

Default winterizing

Those lines with plugs should be for draining your water lines.
On the 2010 Fun Finder X-210 they are under cupboards inside and very stiff. I wish they were like you have.
I blow out my water system to avoid the lingering taste of RV antifreeze,
although one type is supposed to be taste free.
To blow out the system, I remove the H.W. tank anode and install a plug with a tire valve in it. Be careful to keep the pressure under 40 psi. I only use antifreeze in the p traps.
Ted.
p.s. Do not forget to drain your hot water tank. Every shop has an example of a frozen and split tank. pull the relief valve lever to speed draining.
tk.

Ted Kenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the info about winterizing. I will definately be draining HW tank & pull Anode rod. Some say out it back in after draining not sure what I'll do yet.
PattyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #4

Tip... Always put it (anode) back after draining. Two reasons: keeps "critters" from making a home in your empty tank and will keep the threads from rusting making it more difficult to re-install it in the spring (increases the likelihood of cross threading it, ruining the threads on either the anode or much more expensively, the tank itself).

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote