Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2016, 07:27 AM   #1

Default Sealants - Reply from Gentry McConnell

I have been concerned about sealing up some problems areas I've seen in my 2015 189FDR. I wrote to CruiserRV last Friday and here is the reply I received this morning. I thought it might be useful to others. I just found the videos on their website (never noticed them before), and I'll watch them in a bit (DSL makes for S L O W downloads. Ah, one of the few downsides of country living...)

Good morning Michelle,

Glad to hear you purchased a 2015 Fun finder 189. Also, we are pleased to see that you are wanting to maintain your unit, which will serve you well in the long term. In answer to your question, we have a video on our website that is dedicated to explaining how to properly seal your unit and what type of sealants to use. It would really be a benefit to you to watch the video, it has a lot of good information.

For the compartment doors, exterior moldings etc. you want to use a product called Geo Cell 2300. For the roof area around vents and roof moldings you want to use a product called Alpha—self leveling sealant. You can find this products at most RV repair facilities Have a great day!

Gentry McConnell

Old 02-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #2

Default ProFlex

So, trying to find this recommended GeoCell 2300 caulk has proven difficult. Further searching led me to this - this stuff is the same as ProFlex - each of these descriptions was from the GeoCell web site!

Old 02-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #3

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for both posts...

I feel lucky to have a Camping World within a 30 min drive and the service guys know me by my first name now!!!

I needed to caulk some cracks around the antenna mount and a couple vents. I didn't see any leaks yet, but didn't like the look of things. Anyway, the service showed me several different caulks for the rubber roof and I think the one they said was good may have had the same labeling ... It has seems to still be working okay... Thank you again.

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:09 AM   #4

We were told to use Dicor on our roof. Here is one person's experience with Proseal.

Recaulking Your RV – A Tale of Sealing Our Camper | Road Work Play
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote