Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #1

Default Shower Curtain-anyone replaced with doors or 1 solid side?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has attempted replacing the Funfinder shower curtain (in a non-wet bathroom?!) for sliding or concertina type shower door or even one side a fixed full or half panel ?? I hate shower curtains!! with kids under 6 - I can't see us NOT getting floor wet! any ideas??

Old 03-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #2

Hi Kiwi5-
Good luck with that project! We have a FF X-189 also and I have tried to imagine all kinds of workarounds to improve showering. I am 6'3" and find the shower way too small. I am actually glad there is a curtain so I can extend a knee or elbow a little. I suppose that if you are 5' or if only the kids are going to use it, replacing the curtain with a more solid surround might be a good idea. Don't forget the loss of elbow room when using the toilet, however. I think Cruiser RV would have done better to simply install the "wet bath" in the 189 which they use in the 13' model...you just stand astride the toilet while showering because the whole room is the shower. Let us all know what you decide to do and post pictures.

2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #3

Last year I was at my dealer looking at different trailers to get ideas and I came across a fantastic solution, in another cruiser RV product. It is made by Shower Enclosures of America. I got the Arcadia model, here are a few pics of installed in my Fun Finder 242BDS:

The result is stunning, it completely changed the feel of the bathroom and liberated floor space where the curtain used to bunch. My wife and kids actually gasped when they saw the difference.

The quality is incredible, each part is custom made for the application and works beautifully. One set of magnets clamps the door shut for showering and another one keeps it open when you are not using it.

The upper rail is curved to give you more shoulder room and the curtain itself is kept tight between the 2 rails so you don get stuck to it. It's an amazing balance of form and function.

Installation was easy but be sure to read the instructions over to understand them as some of the diagrams are not as clear as they could be.

It is only available directly from the the company and for a very affordable $110. To order you will need to call the company directly and speak to Traico. He was incredibly nice and helpful.

Traico Marinoff
Shower Enclosures America
800-536-7324 x3110
Skripo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #4

Hi Skripo,
thanks for posting that. thrilled to hear you found a solution..cant wait to see a photo!
I have gone on & DIY a suitable solution: I sticky Velcro'd the full length of wall & curtain (nearest toilet), so only opens one way..works Fantastically, so no chance of water shooting out !! Have just changed the Shower handle to one with shut-off switch, as this make me mad..having to mix water every time during shower.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi5
Hi Skripo,
thanks for posting that. thrilled to hear you found a solution..cant wait to see a photo!
I have gone on & DIY a suitable solution: I sticky Velcro'd the full length of wall & curtain (nearest toilet), so only opens one way..works Fantastically, so no chance of water shooting out !! Have just changed the Shower handle to one with shut-off switch, as this make me mad..having to mix water every time during shower.
I have the on/off button on the Oxygenics shower head (which I highly recommend as well). Unfortunately the stupid dribbling seems to make the water cold.

I am ripping out all that stupid plumbing and replacing with a single lever mixer tap that also functions as a shutoff. In fact I changed all the fixtures to single lever, got sick of wasting water to find the right temp. At least now I know where to start and it is much easier to operate when hands are full as they nearly always are on a camper.

Its on its way from China because it is IMPOSSIBLE to find one here. Here is a link to the eBay auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121116062133...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Skripo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:01 AM   #6

Precisely ! I found far too much percious water wasted getting correct temp too.. and drably system RV plumbing - I hear ya!! showering will be a dream with that done!
Love the look of that shower enclosure very much. I got a Camco shower head off eBay, - had good reviews & so far so good.