Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #1

Default Shower Mod

I have a 189FBR. When I bought the trailer, I knew there was a good chance that the factory shower was't going to work for me. I put one foot in it and co firmed that thought. What I want to do is remove the factory pan and the sink vanity, and replace them with a shower pan that sits on the floor and runs from the rear wall to the front wall of the bathroom. I realize that it will probably take a custom pan of some sort. I spoke with someone at Cruiser about using a Hepvo vent in place of a p trap and he said that shouldn't be a problem. Have any of you done a mod to your shower? If so, can you give me some pointers?

Jwh92020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwh92020 View Post
I have a 189FBR. When I bought the trailer, I knew there was a good chance that the factory shower was't going to work for me. I put one foot in it and co firmed that thought. What I want to do is remove the factory pan and the sink vanity, and replace them with a shower pan that sits on the floor and runs from the rear wall to the front wall of the bathroom. I realize that it will probably take a custom pan of some sort. I spoke with someone at Cruiser about using a Hepvo vent in place of a p trap and he said that shouldn't be a problem. Have any of you done a mod to your shower? If so, can you give me some pointers?
Are you trying to make it a wet bath with the toilet being part of it? Otherwise it would still be a very small shower for a lot of work I'm thinking. We never took a shower in our 189. Too tiny. We use the campground showers or just use the shower wand to take a modified shower and shampoo our hair.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:39 AM   #3

I wasn't thinking of a full blown wet bath, but that is a possibilty. I agree that just replacing the existing pan would provide a small shower, but there is no way we can use it as it sits now. When I put one foot in the pan, I felt the pan flex to a point that there is no way I would stand in it. We use campgrojnd showers as well, but having a "just in case" shower that I could use would be a good thing.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #4

Quote:
I wasn't thinking of a full blown wet bath, but that is a possibilty. I agree that just replacing the existing pan would provide a small shower, but there is no way we can use it as it sits now. When I put one foot in the pan, I felt the pan flex to a point that there is no way I would stand in it. We use campgrojnd showers as well, but having a "just in case" shower that I could use would be a good thing.
I know what you mean. I used to wish it was a wet bath so I could actually use it comfortably. The one good thing about campground showers is that you don't use onboard water if you don't hook up to city water (which we don't). The water heater is only a six gallon anyway though. Good place to store stuff? That was a poor joke. Sorry.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #5

The toilet is the most important part of the bathroom for me. I use my trailers as a "mobile motel room" when I work out of town. I live in OK and I do cabinet refacing for Sears & Home Depot. I'm basically the only guy in the state that does it for them. I also work in KS, AR & TN since things are slow here. Having a trailer beats paying $60+/night for who knows what kind of hotel. Walking to a campground bathroom at 3 am isn't a good thing in mid January. That cold air will wake you up in a hurry. Having a usable shower, even if it's tiny is a plus.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #6

Quote:
The toilet is the most important part of the bathroom for me. I use my trailers as a "mobile motel room" when I work out of town. I live in OK and I do cabinet refacing for Sears & Home Depot. I'm basically the only guy in the state that does it for them. I also work in KS, AR & TN since things are slow here. Having a trailer beats paying $60+/night for who knows what kind of hotel. Walking to a campground bathroom at 3 am isn't a good thing in mid January. That cold air will wake you up in a hurry. Having a usable shower, even if it's tiny is a plus.
How do you keep your pipes from freezing?
Old 07-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #7

hi,

I know this will not specifically help you, but others reading this thread might be interested in a very simple mod I did to the shower rail of my 189 FBR camper that really made the shower much more usable.

I just removed the rail and bent it differently and screwed it back up. I have pictures and more details CLICK HERE if you're interested. It will bring you to my blog post

Liz
Old 07-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #8

Liz,

Please post a pic of what you did. I like to see it.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Liz,

Please post a pic of what you did. I like to see it.
I'm on my phone and can't get to pics, but I have pictures and more details on the post CLICK HERE if you're interested, it will bring you to the Blog post.

Liz

PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote