Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2017, 05:27 AM   #1

Default Slide/ac issue?

I am looking at a 2008 189fbs - it’s in great shape, however the owner told me the slide and a/c unit stopped working simultaneously. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I was thinking it might be a fuse? I am s newbie - I don’t have a prblem with a fixer upper, I just don’t want to get in over my head. Any thoughts or advice?
Thanks so much!

Paintedlacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
Site Team

The AC and the slide should not be on the same circuit. The AC runs on 120V and will have a dedicated circuit while the slide runs on 12V. So a single fuse will not affect both.

If I had to guess I would suspect the converter. But that's just a guess. Does everything else work as it should?

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #3

It is possible but unlikely. The slide runs on 12v. The AC thermostat and control circuit also runs on 12v. So they do have something in common but should be on separate fuses.

2015 FunFinder F214WSD
2008 F150 with Triton.
ChasWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #4

Does the slide work with the hand crank? Or is it stuck?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #5

It does work with the hand crank.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:42 PM   #6

Thanks so much for your input - we have decided to pass on this particular trailer. My husband was nervous because he read a lot if negative reviews for the fun finders...coupled with the issues this one has we decided we should wait for a better fit. Just curious though, do you think the fun finders have a bad rap, or is it just that people are more likely to post the bad stuff? I really like the layout of this unit and the easy towability - it seems like a good starter trailer for us. If we can find one without so much that needs to be repaired...
Old 11-04-2017, 09:03 PM   #7

Paintedlacy ... this is my opinon. I purchased my FunFinder XT276 toy hauler new in 2012 and other than a few minor tweeks, no real issues with any of the major components or faulty construction of a serious nature.

I've read of issues people have had with nearly every brand of unit produced on various forums on the internet....some very expensive $100,000 plus units included.

A person who has a problem with tell 20 people while a person who has few to none will seldom tell more than one or two.

That said, best in your venture whatever brand/model you purchase.

PS: I am very pleased with my unit and believe it was a great value for the price paid.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #8

I agree with Eagle. If you search any specific brand, you will find a lot of negatives about it. Human nature being what it is, people tend to make the effort to register a complaint more than a praise. If you consider all the thousands of RVs out there, the complaints you read online are a small percentage.

We liked our Fun Finder and thought about totally rebuilding it to make it work for us. But it was just too cost prohibitive, so we traded for a fiver that fits dh better. However, if we were just using a trailer for short weekend campouts, we'd still have the FF. There were things about it that were better thought out than our newer fiver.

Marti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 189fbs, a/c, issues, slide