Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #1

Default Slide out problem

Hello everyone we have a 2014 265rbss, after our third trip we brought it back to the dealer for some warranty work. 1 being the slide out binding on one side while coming in. After supposedly being fixed we had the same problem on the very next trip.

I know this has been discussed before and I have read previous threads as well as watched the Schwintek videos but none address if the slide is binding on one side.

My question is if anyone has had this problem and what resolved it. I would rather work on it myself rather than have it at the dealer for another 3-4 weeks. I'm wondering if this could be a timing issue or something else. Any help would be much appreciated.

Shayne

Shayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #2

I had a similar problem with the dealer telling me "it's normal" (total BS). I sprayed both sides of the seals with silicone lubricant and sprayed the mechanical slide gear rails with WD-40. That did the trick and I'm not seeing any accumulation of dirt.

2012 Kawasaki KLX 140L
2006 Suzuki DRZ 125
GIXXERKELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #3

The DOCTOR says:

http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/05/...r-rv-slideout/

Old 09-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #4

Needs to be resynchronized, see page 3 of http://lci1.com/assets/content/suppo...sheet/0272.pdf
TV: 2015 Silverado 3500 HD
Duramax
thefarside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #5

BTW this is the ONLY lube recommended by Schwintek for there slideouts.
http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/prod....aspx?id=03045
TV: 2015 Silverado 3500 HD
Duramax
thefarside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #6

I ended up calling Lipert after the dealers first attempt, that set them straight. Lipert was awesome, sooooo helpful. They gave me a reference number so I could call them directly and make sure the dealer had called Lipert for repair solutions. Lipert wanted a full history of the problems and past attempts by the dealer, they also wanted the dealer to take photos and measurements so they could best help.

A little bit of shaving, lube and new stronger motors
Old 10-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #7

Shayne you'll appreciate this. Picked my new 233RBS on Saturday. Decided to camp for a couple of days to shake down the trailer. Upon arrival the right side slide would not extend...it cocked in the opening and locked. Recommeded solution from dealer...push on the locked side to free it up. Well it worked going out but 3 days later refused to retract for the same reason. Between pushing and recycling the switch for 20 minutes we were able to retract and head back to the dealer on Tuesday. They still have it..."just a syncronizer issue" is the preliminary report. The jury is still out.

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #8

Karbean, mine is at the dealer for warranty repairs and at the same time they are putting in bigger motors for the slide. I'll give you an update when I get it back.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #9

In that they still have mine, I would be interested in hearing the fix applied in your case. I got an email from Cruiser that was less than encouraging. No comment on the slides and when I told them that additionally, the rear jacks did not extend all the way to the grounf, their answer was..."of course, they're designed that way...you need to use blocks under the feet"!!! How's that for quality engineering. I've had 3 different trailers and this is a first. Cliff

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Old 10-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #10

Karbean call Lipert directly, that's what I did after I was unhappy with dealer repairs and that got things done. They gave me a confirmation # to give to the dealer and had the dealer call them. Lipert told me the dealers are to call them, send pics and measurements and they tell them how to fix the problem.

The confirmation # helps because it's a reference number fir the dealer and yourself. Lipert can tell you if the dealer has made the calls and done everything asked of them to fix the problem. Everything us noted on Liperts side and on file.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #11

Here's an email string from Cruiser Customer service. I told them jacks not reaching the ground was unacceptable. Judge for yourselves whether Cruiser really cares what customers think. If I am the only owner who has experienced short jacks I guess I need to just shut up and buy some more blocks. Now, if ANYONE else has experienced this letting Cruiser know would be a help

warranty CRV <Warranty@cruiserrv.com>
Oct 7

to me
Mr. Dawson,

Thank you for selecting a Cruiser RV Fun Finder. We are sorry to hear you are not completely satisfied with your trailer. We apologize for the issues you have had and the inconvenience caused by those issues. In regards to the stabilizer jacks, the jacks we install are not intended to touch the ground. Blocks are usually required, especially for the rear jacks. We are aware of the issue of the awning touching the slide when extended. Unfortunately, there is no fix to that as the awning rail is as high as it can go on the side of the trailer. We did what we could to enable customers to have an awning on that side. We have many trailers out there that have the same issue and so far this has not been a problem. I will pass along your email to the appropriate people for review. Again, we apologize for the issues you have had and thank you for taking the time to contact us. We always appreciate customer feedback, even when not favorable. Thank you and have a great day!

Best Wishes,
David Gingerich

logo

Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 9:24 PM
To: CRVContact
Subject: [Cruiser RV] Contact Us

Name *
Cliff Dawson
Email *
karbean2@gmail.com
Phone Number
Questions or Suggestions
Just purchased a 2014 233 RBS Funfinder, vin 5RXTA2320E1029595. I am sorely disappointed with your quality control. If I had paid $10 or $15,000 I would expect some "entry level" quality. Cruiser is "supposed to be a higher quality product...or so I was told, so I didn't mind spending the extra money for the higher quality. My dealer is right now working to fix things like rear jacks that are too short to reach the ground, shower gaskets installed backwards, and worst of all, the awning rests on the door side slide when both are extended. There is no position I can put the awning in where it does not rub on the top of the slide. Additionally, it appears no one gave much thought to putting LED lights along the awning most of which are now hidden by the extended slide. The hydraulic door opener has come loose and torn the graphics and put hole in the door. The other myriad of issues could have occured enroute with fle xing of plumbing joints which now leak, slide motors not syncronized (slides wouldn't open), so I won't charge them to your QC but our overall experience with Cruiser right now is not a happy one. We have owned two previous trailers, a Coleman and an R-Vision and both were far superior in initial quality. Hopefully, my dealer will pull your "bacon out of the fire" and provide us with the new trailer experience we thought we were paying for. However, you need to take a hard look at who (if anyone) is performing quality control inspections on your finished product. I look forward to hearing back whether this kind of kind of feedback even interests you.

VIN (optional)
5RXTA2320E1029595

Karen Dawson <karbean2@gmail.com>
Oct 18 (5 days ago)

to Warranty
David:
Regards our stabilizer jacks: The dealer has agreed to install 28 inch jacks for us...at his expense. He agrees that even these aren't long enough but given the design of the rear of the trailer, are as long as can be installed without hanging out the side. Are you seriously going to tell me that you designed a mechanism that won't work for the intended purpose and got someone in management to sign off on it? In my experience, changes to product lines are generally designed and approved if they are either faster, better or cheaper without a detrimental effect on the product. Clearly someone forgot the last part of that equation. As a Cruiser owner, I would love to speak to the folks who thought this was a better idea...or even an acceptable substitute. I don't know how much experience you have living in a Travel Trailer but here's a fact. The closer to vertical you have to make the "stabilizer jacks" , the less stable (horizontally) they become. Telling me to carry blocks is not an answer. If the refrigerator didn't cool would the same engineers tell me to simply carry around a big block of ice??
I realize you are a customer service rep...a "spear catcher" for the company, so here's my expectation. Take this Customer Complaint to management and ask for a meaningful fix. In order to fix the problem properly an additional cross-member needs to be placed at the rear of the trailer. Then longer jacks could be attached without hanging out the side of the coach. In the interest of full disclosure, I am a member of the FunFinders Owners Club and I'm posting all of our email traffic for all members to read. I am not the only one with this problem and many are waiting to hear Cruiser's response. I look forward to hearing from someone with authority to address the problem.
Clifford B. Dawson Jr.
1817 Davis Acres Dr
Alpine, Ala
256-521-3440

Warranty CRV
8:15 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
Mr. Dawson,

We realize that you believe our response to be insufficient for the complaint. However, we have manufactured many of those trailers with very few complaints regarding the stabilizer jacks not touching the ground. We apologize that you are not satisfied with your stabilizer jack length, but that is not something Cruiser RV is going to change. The units were designed and built with those jacks, so changing them out is not a warranty issue. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for writing and expressing your opinion. Your concern has been sent to the appropriate people here. Thank you and have a great day!

Best Wishes,
David Gingerich

logo

Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2014 10:50 AM
To: Warranty CRV
Subject: Re: [Cruiser RV] Contact Us

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Old 10-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #12

Karbean, how far off the ground are your jacks? I couldn't even tell you if mine reach the ground or not as I always use blocks underneath.
Hobie i9s kayak
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #13

Default slide out problem

Sitting on level ground, fully extended, still cleared the ground by 4". I used a full package of the yellow "lego" blocks just to make contact. However they were just about vertical and provided little to no lateral stability....and this is "good enough" according to Cruiser. Cliff

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Old 10-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #14

Default slide out problem

Sitting on level ground, fully extended, still cleared the ground by 4". I used a full package of the yellow "lego" blocks just to make contact. However they were just about vertical and provided little to no lateral stability....and this is "good enough" according to Cruiser. Cliff

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Old 10-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to shadow

clearly cruiser rv cannot do simple math, you get the best stability and strength if they extend no more than 50% of their total length. Personally I would file a complaint with the rv certification association, in theory they are supposed to help with stuff like this....in theory.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #16

Default Slide out sticking

I also had a slide out that would seem to have one side hang up a bit. It was under warranty and the dealer replaced the rubber sealing parts. I did notice that the rubber was not well aligned before replacement and it would get caught when the slide moved. If I have any more issues I will try to lubricate the rubber somehow.
Ronseidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #17

Default Rear stabilizers

I have never used the stabilizers without blocks under them. But I think they will go all the way to the ground providing the trailer is on a level surface. I would estimate they have about 2" of additional travel. 235RBS
I went to a local big box store and had them cut four 9" pieces of a 4 X 6 . Now I can stand each block In three different orientations under the jacks. Most camp spots have dirt or gravel and I wouldn't want to use just the jacks.
Ronseidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #18

The 4 stabilizers on my XT276 reach the ground with 'screw' to spare on level ground. I always use a 1" board under them unless on a concrete pad. Maybe just lucky but never had to use more than the 1" board.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #19
roy

The stabilizer design on the XT276 works best not fully extended but up about halfway. I use the lynx blocks, purchased two packs of 10 blocks which are similar to big Lego pieces. I also have the 4 piece cap set which gives the foot a level surface atop the block stack. They are made of plastic and don't weigh as much as wood blocks and pack away neatly in zip packs.

Here is what I have
http://www.lynxlevelers.com/index.html

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #20

I have a pack of those (or similiar) as well but have never needed to use them. They are still in the neat, zip top package.