Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2013, 02:37 AM   #1

Default slide out t-bar lock placement for travel

just bought a 2008 210 with the slide out the owner didn't no where the t bay lock was to be placed. what it is used when the slide is retracted in to lock it in while moving on the highway and prevent load on the motor I was told from the owner just looking to see if anyone has info or ideas on this thanks

Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #2

I had one with my '08 210WBS. I adjusted it for the proper spacing and then taped it so that it wouldn't change during use. I laid it on top of the slide and I used it religiously. I also put a big neon red card, attached by string, on it that hung down prominantly in plain sight so that we wouldn't accidentally try to put the slide with it in place.

Now, that being said, do you really need it? A lot, if not most, of the newer units come from the factory without one. A lot of folks that have them never use them. I used mine. My thinking was that they wouldn't have spent the money on it if there wasn't a reason for it. Did it ever serve its purpose (to prevent the slide from coming out while traveling)? Not that I could tell. After a day of traveling it came out as easy as it dropped into place; the slide never budged and it never budged in the 38,000 miles of travel we put on it. I still used it as it only took a second to drop it onto the top of the slide, was easy to store next to the "couch" and came with the trailer (free, sort of).

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote