Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #1

Default Speaking of trash

Where do you keep your kitchen trash? Right now I have a wastebasket kind of thing on a hook over the left side of the sink. It holds a Walmart bag. There's no room under the sink, and really I don't think there's probably any room anywhere else but I thought maybe somebody would have a great idea!

Thanks!

Liz

2008​ FunFinder X​ 189FBR & 2014 FORD F150 153 Nights Camping this year
Tons of Creative, Unique and Inexpensive ModsWackyPup.Blogspot.com

PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:23 PM   #2

I build a simple lightweight box out of quarter inch baltic birch plywood -- an ordinary supermarket plastic grocery bag stretches over the top rim and is thus held securely inside the box. I then finished it with wipe on poly for easy cleaning

The reason I built one myself (rather than using an off the shelf plastic trash can) is that I wanted it a certain height -- just low enough so that the bathroom door would clear the top of the box.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #3

Where do you have it mounted?
Old 11-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #4

It's not -- it sits on the floor in the corner, near the bathroom, out of our way. We never travel with trash in the bag -- we dump it first. But the box stays pretty much in the same place -- it does not skate around while we are driving.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:29 PM   #5

We have a small plastic waste basket in the bathroom located between the stool and the tub so it doesn't move around. It is lined with disposable bags from grocery stores/walmart/target, etc. Also same thing near near the bed in front.

When they get full, just tie the 'handles' together and put them in a 30 gallon trash bag and placed in the bed of the pickup. ON the way out of the campground, stop at the dumpsters and dispose of them.

That works for us.

Tags
organizing, storage, trash