Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #1

Default Storing the black water hose

I'm a newbie owner of an x-189FDS. In the walk through the dealer recommended that the black water hose be stored in the front storage compartment. I would prefer to add a tube to the rear bumper and store the hose in that. The dealer says the tube will attract wasps and bees making for an unpleasant hose-removal process. I'm not sure I believe that. Any comments from the more experienced FF folks is appreciated.

dlhilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #2

I don't know if I would put it on the back bumper, as there isn't one. I ended up putting it on the front. I used 8" pvc, and placed some holes in it, so it can breath. see the link below for how I did mine.

using the same logic, if you put the black hose in the front compartment, it will attract bees/bugs and smell. then the smell will end up in the trailer as there is only a 1/4" plywood between your mattress and the hose.

http://www.modmyrv.com/2008/12/20/se...e-storage-tube

Old 10-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #3

Default sewer hose

Don't see a problem either way, just make sure there are ventilation holes so it breathes and dries out. I wouldn't take the dealer too seriously about the bees and hornets unless you hardly ever use your trailer. In time, especially in the fall, they look for places like that, but seems to me a good shot of raid through the vent holes would dissuade them from nesting there. And it wouldn't hurt to remove the hose when you arrive home and wash it out good if you haven't done that at the trailer dump. Normal care and frequent use will prevent the pesky bugs from making the Funfinder home. I have mounted my sewer hose in a pvc pipe under the rear of the X139. Just make sure the screws you use are not long enough to go through the plywood floor and penetrate your vinyl flooring. The front under the hitch area is also a good place, maybe better but I am happy with mine and it is right next to the water dump valves and convenient.
dmnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Van

I dont keep my sewage hose in the front compartment. Before i swapped out the stock stabilizer jacks with some BAL scissor type jacks i used a tube to stow the hose away.

I used a 6" perforated PVC and just used about 8 heavy duty 3' zip ties to secure it to the frame, snug up against the drag guards mounted to the bumper. It worked great for a year until i broke off one of the ends going up a steep road when turning off US 101.

Since i installed the new stabilizer jacks to the frame of my TT i can now use the rear bumper to stow away my drain hose.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #5

My 189FBR came with a storage tube under the trailer. It's under the front storage compartment on the left side.

2008 189FBR
2007 FJ cruiser
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller
Yamaha EF2400is generator
chupp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #6

Default Kudos to Chupp 21 for his black water hose suggestion

I feel a little embarassed about this, but not completely because the dealer's rep in charge of customer walk-throughs apparently did not know that the FF X-189 FDS is equipped with a hose carrier from the factory. Yep, Chubb 21 correctly pointed out that the carrier is in the front left corner of the frame. Thanks to all who responded with suggestions for adding a hose carrier. I probably will add a supplemental carrier because the factory one seems a might short.

I just finished setting up my truck for towing the FF, so I'll be joining all of you soon.
dlhilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #7

Glad you found it. My dealer rep didn't know anything about the trailer and loaded me up with bad info. Later when they were washing the trailer for delivery, I asked the guy washing it (who probably makes minimum wage) for a walk through. He knew everything about it and showed me all the features and tricks. That guy should be out selling them, not cleaning. Anyways I gave him a big tip. Happy camping with your new rig.
Dave

2008 189FBR
2007 FJ cruiser
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller
Yamaha EF2400is generator
chupp21 is offline   Reply With Quote