Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #1

Default Suburban Furnace

I have a question and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When I turn on furnace I get warm air blowing from lower vets, but cool air from vents in ceiling? Is this normal?

pg7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #2

Are you running the furnace on 12V or connected to 110V ? Also would be helpful if you told us what model trailer you had

Old 12-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

Yes this is normal , the furnace is only connected to the lower vents . The vents in the ceiling are connect to the a/c on your roof .

You have to turn off your fan in the a/c unit if you don't want to circulate the air around the camper while the heat is on . I normally leave it on auto so I have back round noise while I sleep . Because if not you will hear the furnace turn on and off all night .

To change the settings just go to the T sat on the wall , should have a booklet that came with it .
Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #4

Default Suburban furnace

I have a 2014 244RBS I do not have a book to explain furnace, we bought unit used 2 months old. Anyhow when heat is on furnace blows warn on lower vents and cold on upper vents. Anyone had this experience?
Old 12-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #5

Yes , go to the t sat on the wall , and once it's on furnace , go the fan setting , and then push the + or - button and it will toggle threw auto ,low,high ,off .

Set it to off and then nothing will come out the roof vents
Old 12-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #6

Thank you we will try that
Old 12-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #7

Just checking on you , did that work for you ??
Old 12-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #8

Default Heat

One question that I had on our first cold weather camping trip this year....when we turn on furnace heat it came on but blew just cool air. I was under the impression that you didn't need to turn on propane if your connected to electricity. I checked the books and never could figure out. It was a cold night and the heat ran a lot and we ran through an entire tank of propane. Have a 2008 Funfinder x160....

Does this sound normal or did I miss something....I thought I may have electric heat. I also have AC unit with heat option but that never seemed to shoot any warm air either even though that says it is an option on the unit. Curious if anyone would know.
NEFANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #9

Furnace heat is almost always propane powered. It does require 12VDC for the ignitor to work which functions off the battery whether you're plugged into shore power or not. I used to have a 13,500 btu A/C unit that had controls for heat also, but it actually wasn't set up for heat from the factory. This is pretty normal for roof mounted units. Many people such as myself simply buy a small ceramic heater from Home Depot which plugs into the 110V outlet if you have shore power connected and they work pretty well for taking the chill off. The biggest benefit to the ceramic heater is the quiet operation compared to the propane furnaces. From my experience, a propane furnace shouldn't go through a tankful from 1 evening's use, but that may vary.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #10
Site Team

Something doesn't sound right. Are you saying that you went through an entire tank of propane but the furnace never blew warm air? If so, something is definitely wrong.
And you do need to have the propane on for the furnace to work even if you're hooked up to shore power.
The AC units can have what's called a heat strip that provides marginal heat but it's an add on option. You probably have a "heat" setting on your thermostat that will turn the fan on, but if the heat element hasn't been installed you won't get any heat.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote