Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #1

Unhappy T139 floor creeking

Recently acquired an '06 T139. I have a squeeky-creeky floor, just about 4 feet from the rear of the trailer, which position it just inside the entrance.
Upon inspection from under the trailer, I find that there is a seam running across the width of the coach, where two sheets of plywood meet. There is nothing
there to support the joint, and I can visually see it flex when someone walks over it. It needs some sort of support. Any one else experience this?

justinkase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #2

We had a 2003 T 139 that sort of did the same thing in a different area, right by the door. If this is a real problem, you may be able to reach the affected area underneath the trailer and put a piece of plywood over the seam to reduce the movement.

Two tips -- use marine plywood that won't come apart when wet. And use 3M high strength spray glue, not screws -- the screws might come up through the flooring. Don't ask me how I learned this.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #3

Ouch! I get the point about the screws.
Thank you for the tips. Sounds like a plan. I'll give it a try.
justinkase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
APD

I discovered that our T139 has extra angle iron supports under the floor. They run across from frame rail to frame rail and were installed my the previous owner. No squeeks.
He had also added extra straps and support to the plumbing and gas lines underneath. Bless his heart.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:51 PM   #5

It is OK to use screws along with glue to secure a plywood support to the crack.... just MEASURE the screws first so that you don't use ones that are too long. The floor is 5/8" most likely, then there is the thickness of whatever you use. Add them together and buy a screw at least 1/8" shorter than the total and don't over tighten them so that the heads sink in to deeply.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote