Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #1

Default Traveling With Front Bunk Down

Does anyone know the physical reason we should not travel with the front bunk/storage in the down position, as stated on the "warning sticker"?

Thanks.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #2

I have wondered about that also.
My guess is that if it were down some folks (none of us) would put heavy items up there and in a panic stop, the items would launch into, and maybe through, the front of the FINDER. The lawyers made them put the label there just like the little red "EXIT" tag over the door, in case I couldn't figure out how to get out of my 139.

As soon as I can get my Finder out of storage, the label is coming off, the bed is history, and new cabinets for bedding are going up. Problem solved.

Come on Spring.

GrandpaX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #3
Site Team

The only thing I can think of is that in the down position the bunk could bounce while traveling. Possibly stressing the attachment ponts which could weaken and pull free? Just a guess.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #4

I sent an email to the generic email box on CruiserRV's website yesterday. I received the following reply from Gentry McConnell this morning.

I think based on his reply, one would just have to pad/cushion those metal support brackets, right?

My other thought was using one of those spring tension rods to keep the bunk from bouncing (in addition to the bracket padding)?

Thoughts?
__________________________________________________ ____

Good morning Michelle,

Thanks for writing in to us and hope your holiday season is a blessed one. I am glad to hear you are on your second purchase of our product and we apologize that you have experienced some issues with it.

In answer to your question about why the bed cannot be down while traveling, is if it is not latched in place it could bounce up and down a little in travel, scarring up the bottom panel underneath while resting on the bracket. Hope this was helpful information. Have a great week. 

Best Regards
Gentry McConnell
Old 12-27-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
TCP

Default Not a problem

We travel with it down all the time. It stores the kid's bedding and a bunch of other things. It is rated for a 210lb person. Unless the trailer is leaping into the air as I tow it, the bouncing is minimal. Our. Mounts and walls are fine after 4 years doing this.
TCP is offline   Reply With Quote