Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #1

Default TV antennae

My antennae does not rotate. Shouldn't it rotate? It raises up and down but does not swivel. Any thoughts out there.

rogertrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #2

It would help to know the make/model & year of your unit.

My xt276 came with a Jensen 'fixed' antenna that did not raise/lower or rotate....and reception was slightly less than no antenna at all!

I replaced it with a King Jack Antenna Robot Check

It is powered and rotates manually. Does not go up or down. Great reception now so pleased. Oh, got it on sale for about $80 IIRC.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:39 PM   #3

I have an XT200, year 2010. Didn't know stationary units were made. I've only seen the rotate kind. Kinda Leary of dealing with the roof.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogertrvn View Post
My antennae does not rotate. Shouldn't it rotate? It raises up and down but does not swivel. Any thoughts out there.
Hi Rogertrvn,
To ask again hat antenna and mount do you have... My trailer came with an ANTENNA TEK #500; this is a manual crank-up antenna. This came with the trailer. FROM INSIDE -- Once you have cranked the antenna up, you will need to pull the outer ring down about a half inch (This ring is about 3 inch in diameter and has a pointer on it ... NOTE: This pointer needs to mate with the point on the inside fixed ring to lower your antenna) Once pulled down, you should be able to rotate the antenna by the outer ring... when the antenna is pointed correctly, push the ring back up.
Anyway, that is the mine works... Here is a manual for the 500...
Good Luck...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #5

The strange thing is my ring is not pulling down, even with the antennae up. I have never come across one of these. I have had several campers
Old 05-17-2016, 07:07 PM   #6

Whoops, the file was too large to download to the forum ... here is the link:
http://www.antennatek.com/pdf/manual_antenna_500.pdf

Old 05-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #7

See if you can find the mfg. and model number... It could be something different...

It could be be frozen up or some other problem... it is always best to know what you have...

Old 05-17-2016, 07:15 PM   #8

Thanks John, there may be some helpful tips. Will read more and take a look at my set up. Will post later, thanks again.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:39 PM   #9

Eagle:

I have an XT276 and was wondering where the control module would be located inside the trailer? it appears that the antenna on mine is directly over the cabinet above the main TV. is this correct?
greg 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg 60 View Post
Eagle:

I have an XT276 and was wondering where the control module would be located inside the trailer? it appears that the antenna on mine is directly over the cabinet above the main TV. is this correct?
The control module must be mounted inside directly under the antenna shaft that rotates the antenna. Mine is located in the cabinet above the main TV and it 'just fits'.

Also, you have to remove the factory TV jack plate behind the TV and replace it with the one that comes with the King Jack ~ and in doing so, you will no longer have the 12 plug in that is in the factory TV jack.

I only used the 12 volt plug in to charge my cell phone but now use a 120V plug in style like I use at home ~ or plug it in the tow vehicle cigar lighter.

Hint: before changing out the TV antenna, get a tube of self leveling Dicor sealant and about a 10" x 10" piece of rubber roofing .. you will need them to seal the roof as you have to "hog out" the hole in the roof where the TV cable comes thru to run the directional shaft thru.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #11

Thanks Eagle, I ordered the antenna this morning, I also ordered the plate that fits under the antenna. I have watched a couple of installation videos and it seem pretty straightforward . I will let you know how the finished product comes out. again thanks for the information.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:17 PM   #12

Hope the project goes well, I didn't know they had a base plate when I installed mine or would have gotten one to make it simpler.

Yes, let us know how your installation went.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:45 PM   #13

I will, hopefully I will have it early next week.