Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #1

Default Uneven tire wear

The rear right tire on my FF 233-RBS is wearing unevenly and has almost worn down its tread on the outside. All other tires are fine with no signs of any wear on them. I read that an overweight trailer could make the outsides of the tires wear, but I'm pretty sure it's not overweight and, in any event, it's only one tire. I'd have thought if it was overweight it'd wear all of them unevenly? Could this be something out of alignment? Any ideas what this might be? I'm reluctant to just replace that tire without fixing the cause of the problem.

The worn tire zoomed out: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The worn tire close-up: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The other tire on the same side as a comparison (no wear): Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Cheers
Simon

AnimalHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #2

I tend to think that axle may be bent/out of alignment on that side causing the uneven tire wear.

A visit to a good truck/trailer alignment shop and they can verify the cause of uneven tire wear.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #3

How old is the tire and how much use did it have? I ask because if they were pretty old or have been used hard, I might just replace it without doing anything more, except rotate one of the older tires to the questionable axle. That way you can see if the same thing happens.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #4

Thanks guys. The trailer was new (a 2016) last July on the original new tires. It's probably done about 10,000 miles at the absolute most. I'll get it booked in and have someone check the axle alignment.

Cheers
Simon
AnimalHungry is offline   Reply With Quote