Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
roy

Default Warranty repairs done, now a dealer created big problem

I've had the XT276 since dec 26, 2011 bought brand new. Used it a week in may and two weeks out west in august. Numerous manufacturing problems arose. Took it in after the west trip. It was at the dealer for 7 1/2 weeks. Parts were delayed supposedly and were sent wrong items once. I was patient. Picked it up last Thursday. Everything had been resolved. I went to wash and clean it up late Friday after work and discovered this in 5 spots.

This is damage to the exterior gel coat siding. How you ask did this happen. Well the cheap diamond Brite kick panels that are in the hauler room at base of the walls was coming loose. It was double side glue from factory which never was going to hold up. I mentioned it needed reattaching to dealer. So what the moron shop guy did was screw it back onto inside wall which would have been fine using a 1/4" long screw but he used at least a 1" or longer screw which the tip penetrated through the exterior wall through to outside damaging the gel coat in 5 places. I was livid once I realized what had been done. I called Saturday and of course no one was there in service and the owner was out. I spoke with my salesman who is second in command there. He was very understanding and really pissed they did this. Basically offered me the store to mend this. I told him I want the spots repaired. He agreed and told me to put a dab of silicone on the areas to keep moisture out in the meantime. We leave for a week this coming Saturday for a week in N. Ga so I'll return it once we get home.

It amazes me these days how ignorant people can be. This won't be a cheap repair so that guy may get walking papers. Something so simple really turned bad quickly. I read up on gel coat repair it's not a dimple or cheap repair but I've already told them no half ass job will be accepted.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Site Team

WOW Someone needs to lost their job over that. Or else take the cost of the repair out of their paycheck. At least the dealer is stepping up to take care of their screw-up.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #3

I see three issues here.

1. The service person isn't properly trained or just another stupid warm body. There are many 'warm bodies' filling positions these days in every profession.

2. Their service screwup has created an unhappy customer.

3. Your salesman, representing the dealership, has stated they will correct the issue so are taking responsibility for their screwup.

Whatever action the dealership does or does not take regarding the service person is entirely up to them.

Enjoy your trip with the knowledge the damage will be repaired.