Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #1

Default Water collecting in underbelly

I have a 2013 215WSK Fun Finder and recently noticed water had collected in the underbelly. The trailer was level and the front needed to be lowered to hook up to the truck. When I lowered it water ran out from the under belly. It had rained and I had also drained the water heater by removing the anode.

I contacted our dealer who said water can collect in the under belly but it is not something to be concerned with. Has anyone experienced this and is it something to be concerned with?

Thanks

Mitch

Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:52 PM   #2

Default No Problems

I haven't had that happen to me. I guess you're talking about having water collect under the camper on the material they cover the bottom with? Underlay or whatever it's called. Not sure there should be much water getting in there from driving through rain, puddles, etc. Shouldn't be collecting from condensation. Means there's a few gaps where there shouldn't be and that's what's letting water in. I would look for gaps and places where it's sagging or not attached to the camper's frame. Secure it up. Can't be good to let water collect up there. Get's too heavy the underlay might tear and come loose at 60mph.

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #3

Underlay. Thats the word I could not think of. The water collected in the underlay while we were parked. I will keep watch and see if it happens again and check for any places water might get in. This our first RV so everything is new to us.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:53 AM   #4

Hi Mitch
Googled this problem with water in the underbelly and this post popped up. I am guessing we have the same issue. We have a 2014 Fun Finder 266KIRB. After our last trip on July 4th we emptied all the tanks etc. It has not been used since then. Yesterday we were moving it up a few feet to let it sit on a different part of the tires. We noticed the underbelly bulging a little. Pushed the liner up and about two GALLONS of water came down on our heads. It was not grey or black water. Definitely clear almost cool water which is strange because we are in Florida. Absolutely nothing is wet inside the trailer. We have had a lot of rain but there is no indication it is rain coming in and going down there since there isn't ANY water inside.

Called our useless dealer (btw they no longer sell Fun Finder). Said to bring it in and they would take a look. Great answer!!

We are thinking of filling up the fresh water tank (since the water was clear)and seeing if the water accumulates again. Maybe we have a leak in the fresh water line. Have you tried this? We don't have any idea how long the water has been sitting there. We are guessing it is only since our last trip. It is too much work to take down the underbelly since there are a lot of hose and wires screwed into it.

**Does any else have any ideas before we drag it to the repair shop?**
twofacelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:16 PM   #5

We received the same response from our dealer, bring it is and we will look at it. I took that to mean we will keep it 3 weeks, tell you everything is fine and charge several hundred dollar. The dealer also said it was common for water to collect there?

We decided to keep an eye on it and see if we have the issue show back up. I do believe it is rain related and not a tank or fresh water leak. My biggest concern is will the water cause a problem like mold or deterioration. Good luck and if we figure it out will let you know