Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by team dougherty View Post
If the stove works the propane is on for the heater and water heater. The water heater and furnace need electricity to work. I would check the fuses for them to see if they are intact. There is a thermostat for the heater and a lighted switch for the water heater. Check to see if they work.
I have a similar vintage FF (X-210) and I'm pretty sure that the controls for the water heater and the heater are the same as on your 160.

Since the range / stove top functions normally, everyone is in agreement that propane supply isn't the likely issue. I believe that the ignition systems for the water heater and the furnace are low voltage (i.e. they work when hooked to "shore power" or when on battery only).

As suggested, be sure that all of the automotive type fuses in the converter unit are intact.

As also mentioned, the water heater is controlled by a toggle switch with a red indicator light along side of the switch. When the switch is toggled to the "on" position the red light should come on. It takes a short amount of time for the burner in the water heater to ignite since the air must be purged from the line. Be patient. You should hear the "whoosh" of the burner when it ignites. The burner stays on until the water reaches a predetermined temp (120deg F?) then shuts off. It will automatically cycle on and off as needed to maintain the water temperature as long as the toggle switch is in the "on" position. BTW, the red light does not remain "on" all of the time. On my unit it seems to be lit only when the water heater is actively heating water.

On to the also mentioned thermostat for the furnace. There is a small lever that moves from left to right across the top of the thermostat. In the far left position, the furnace is "off". Moving the lever to the right turns the furnace "on" and allows you to set the desired temp. The furnace fan will come on (it's pretty noisy, you won't miss it) but like the water heater, it take a short while before the burner ignites and starts heating the camper.

Please forgive me if it feels like anyone's intelligence has beeninsulted but I could not tell for sure that the above mentioned actions were being taken. To be completely honest, it took me more than a little bit of time to figure out how to "fire up" the furnace when I first got my FF !
RipVan

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by team dougherty View Post
If the stove works the propane is on for the heater and water heater. The water heater and furnace need electricity to work. I would check the fuses for them to see if they are intact. There is a thermostat for the heater and a lighted switch for the water heater. Check to see if they work.
Thanks for your reply. I ended up calling the RV repair guy. There was a spider and nest in the tube. He borrowed a hanger from me and fixed it in 10 seconds. LMBO!!!! Now I have very hot water!!

Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #23

Magellan, I use my air compressor to blow out my furnace and fridge burners at least once a year, to clear out the spiders. I don't know if I have ever had any spiders, but if so, they apparently do not like fresh air.