Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #1

Default Water in underbody barrier

Hello,
Last July we bought a 2015 210UDS. Used it once or twice and then winterized it. Today I was getting it into travel shape for a trip to Florida for the rest of January and February and noticed water dripping out of the underbody when I moved the trailer. Water had been totally drained and antifreeze added to the TT and the water dripping had no sign of a pink tinge. Upon inspection it seemed like the water was trapped on top of the black barrier material that lines the entire underbody. I pushed up gently and more water(about a gallon) came out from the front end of the barrier. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #2

Default Plugged up the gaps

I have a 2012 210UDS - First thing I did when I bought mine was crawl underneath and use black expanding foam to fill every gap/hole. Most noticeable were huge triangular holes in each of the four corners. Then I used clear silicon to fill the "seams" where the underlay meets the frame. I did this mostly to keep out unwanted visitors (rodents). But helps to keep dust/dirt out as well. And-I haven't had any issues with water penetration, and I've put 25,000+ miles on it-and some it downpours.
If you suspect a pipe/hose or your freshwater tank, there are DIY checks you can try to rule things out?

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:30 AM   #3

Thanks Runner421,

I don't think it's a plumbing issue as the trailer had been totally drained and winterized. I guess I'll find out when we get to Florida and out of the freezing nights here in NC.
I will follow your suggestion in the Spring when the weather will permit the foam and silicon to work.
Ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote