Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2016, 04:44 PM   #1

Default Where the Heck is the low point water drains?

Okay.. first of all I am a newbee to the RV world so this may seem like a dumb question. I just purchased a 2011 Funfinder WS 21 foot trailer. I bought it from a previous private owner. He did a great job of explaining the overall operations and functionality of the trailer, but one item was missed and that is where the low point water drains are located. I have look all over underneath the trailer and cannot locate these drains. Anyone have any idea where I might look for these little buggars? The only Red/Blue piping I can find is from the sink in the bathroom that runs down into the floor of the trailer, but for some reason disappears when I look for where they should exit area underneath. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated... Thx.

Samboydforester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #2

lay on your back on the streetside, just in front of the front tire. Scoot all the way under the trailer, and look up "inside" the main frame rail. See if they are tucked up there out of the way, and kinda out of sight !

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #3

Sam, there are NO dumb questions. Keep asking! Us old timers love to help you newbies avoid the mistakes we have made when we were newbies.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #4

On my 2012, 214-WSD They were quite hidden, and almost completely covered in foam insulation!
They were just behind the skirt of the trailer, on the CURB side, 1/2 way between the back wheel and the end of the trailer. I was also expecting a blue & red, but both hoses were black, with black caps.

So moral is, don't look anywhere specific, just look anywhere!
Old 11-11-2016, 03:57 PM   #5

Default same question

I'm another newbie who just picked up a used 2004 T139 and have the same question! I don't see any valves underneath.

The previous owner claimed it was winterized, but I noticed when I got it home that the fresh water tank had quite a bit of water in it. Maybe it was "winterized" for Phoenix (where I bought it), but now it's home in northern NM.
furboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #6

Hi Sam,
I have an XT-190Xtra and my "Low-Point" drains are under the trailer about center, in front of the axles... I have to crawl under on my back from the curbside (The holding tank dumps are on the streetside)... I finally found them and as you mentioned, they are blue & red and have grey caps that require two wrenches to remove... As previously mentioned, they are tucked in the cross beam of the frame... Anyway, that's where mine are .... Good luck and welcome to the Forum...

Het Furboo,
There should be a valve in or near your fresh water tank/water pump area that will drain the tank through the floor, onto the ground under the trailer... Good luck and welcome to the Forum...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:09 PM   #7

Thanks John, I found 2 valves, looks like hot and cold. I opened them, then using a compressor, I blew out the hot through a drain hole (nylon bolt) on the water heater, and the cold at the filler on the side of the camper. I'm hoping I got all the water out.

I'm thinking about plumbing a hot water bypass and putting in anti-freeze. Or is this overkill?

Thanks for the help!
furboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by furboo View Post
Thanks John, I found 2 valves, looks like hot and cold. I opened them, then using a compressor, I blew out the hot through a drain hole (nylon bolt) on the water heater, and the cold at the filler on the side of the camper. I'm hoping I got all the water out.

I'm thinking about plumbing a hot water bypass and putting in anti-freeze. Or is this overkill?

Thanks for the help!
I am not familiar with your trailer and it may have a bypass already installed... Mine had one installed when I bought it (used) and it works great for winter preservation... I envy those folks that have a place to park their TT inside for the winters in the colder areas...

I was going to put up a metal carport style "pole barn" this year, but due to other circumstances, put it off until next year...

Do not hesitate to seek additional help in preservation, it is a lot cheaper than replacing broken pipes...

Good luck with your new camper...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 09:53 AM   #9

Aloha John,

I'm a newbie with a 2008 XT-190xtra also. Been on 3 camping adventures so far. My most recent we got to actually do a full hook up and I learn how to use the black water, dump hoses, etc..

My next mission is to add some bleach to the water tanks and flush them out and I was also looking for a way to drain the tanks onto my driveway if possible.
JXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 10:05 PM   #10

"I'm thinking about plumbing a hot water bypass and putting in anti-freeze. Or is this overkill?"

Not overkill. I have a 210uds and it takes less than 4 liters or 1 gallon. The RV Antifreeze is also good for the toilet seals and valves on the tanks. Silverado
Old 04-14-2023, 07:43 AM   #11
Site Team

OK, the original post is from 2016 so not sure if most of the posters are even active here anymore.

But to answer your question, you only really need to sanitize the freshwater tank. There should be a stopcock at the bottom of the tank, probably along the edge somewhere. It might be hard to see so you may need to run your hand around the edge to find it.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:18 PM   #12

My ‘07 x210 has three low-point drains, one just beyond the water pump but before the check valve (that prevents water back filling the fresh water tank when hooked to “city water”). The other two are along the path of the PEX tubing (hot & cold water pair) running along the “street-side” between the kitchen sink and the bathroom. The low-point valves are accessed via the cabinet that’s beneath the refrigerator. All three are pretty easy to get to once you know where to look.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:32 PM   #13

Hell0. I have a 2011 fun finder 210 wbs. If you open the rear storage compartment and lift the floor up you will find the back of your water heater and the low point drains for both the hot and cold lines. There is a drain valve for your fresh water tank on the bottom of tank. There's a s suction line in the space under the counter opposite of your refrigerator. Where your tv would be. Remove the 4 screws and take off that panel. You will find your water pump. A valve a Tyson tube. Turn the valve and put your tube into a jug of rv antifreeze. 2 gallons will fill the lines. Don't forget to run antifreeze thru the outside shower as well.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:50 AM   #14

Another 1st time rv owner.... We have a cruiser funfinder 13.9.. and there isn't 2 low point water drains. All I see is one that is directly off fresh water tank with a valve. Id appreciate some guidance as to blowing the system out. Thanks
Nojunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 07:42 PM   #15

Would that happen to be a 210 wbs . If it is the low point drains are under the floor of the back storage compartment. Easy to lift out. It is also how you get to the back of your water heater to use the bypass.

dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote