Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to judb
Default X 189 Battery Kill Switch

Can someone tell me if a 2006 X 189 FBR has a battery kill switch and, if so, where is it located?

judb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Site Team

The typical spot is inside the front storage compartment on the rear wall. Not sure if 2006 models had them though.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #3

I'm not familiar with one on my 06 189 - never looked for one though. For mine I would just pull the main fuse out located outside on the main wire from the battery.
Offspring22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #4

I may be mistaken, but, I don't believe CruiserRV started including battery disconnects until the 2008 model line and not all FunFinder models for 2008 came with them.

If you had one, it would be sticking out of a black box mounted on the floor of the pass through (the main wiring junction box for the tongue's umbilical) or on the larger models, inside with the lighting, pump, WH, slide control switches. In either case, all of the ones I have seen have been, for lack of a better description, an old style carburetor choke control. Basically, a chrome push/pull, circular knob; pull out for connected to battery, push in for disconnect from battery. Be aware though, that using the disconnect doesn't truly disconnect the battery. There are parasitic current draws, the LP detector and the Jensen's faceplate, for example that are still drawing current. As mentioned above, the only true disconnect on most trailers is to pull the battery cable or installing another "true disconnect" right at the battery so that the cable leaves the battery, goes directly through the switch, and then on to the junction box, etc.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote