Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #1

Default X-244 rbs

Since I bought the trailer in 2013 it is a 2011 model the brakes never did work and running lights gave trouble this pass weekend I couldnt get the running lights to come on at all anymore I have power at my truck plug but no clue on wheee to start looking from there anyone know where I could get a rundown on how to trouble shoot a problem like this ? Thanks in advance

Quinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:37 PM   #2

For the brakes not working, have you checked the in line fuse condition .. it should be on the main power line within about 12" - 18" of the battery.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #3

You probably thought of this already but if you haven't check for corrosion in the plug. Check the socket on the TV and also the plug part on the RV. Look carefully and clean it up if necessary.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:53 AM   #4

Yes there are two fuses next to battery but both are good. And I have checked the plug on both ends truck and trailer and I and still coming up with nothing. My brake controller doesn't even register that the trailer is plugged in says "not connected " when I plug trailer in but I do have power at my truck plug
Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinon View Post
Yes there are two fuses next to battery but both are good. And I have checked the plug on both ends truck and trailer and I and still coming up with nothing. My brake controller doesn't even register that the trailer is plugged in says "not connected " when I plug trailer in but I do have power at my truck plug

IN that case, I would tend to believe there is a brake wiring issue on the camper, somewhere between where the wires leave the hubs to where the connector is that plugs into the tow vehicle. Perhaps a broken wire or the twist connector at the hub is corroded/not making contact.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #6

Wanted to get under this weekend and see what I could figure out but was busy on other projects. Maybe this afternoon I'll crawl under and trace the wires from the hub back to the front and see what happens
Old 10-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #7

Default Brake problems

If you are having problems with both brake and running lights you might want to check the ground connection first.
ChasWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #8

Any idea where that wire might be found is it ground coming off the battery you are talking about ? If so I havnt checked that yet .. but if so all my 12v lights and other things inside work fine. ... something I'll check 1st this afternoon
Old 10-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #9

The ground wire will come from the electrical connector which attaches to the tow vehicle. The wire will go from the connector to a bolt on the frame of your trailer.
Below is a link to the wiring connections of every type of connector. Find the proper diagram and it should give you what is needed.

I do not know how to include a link so you will just have to type in this web address:

Trailer Wiring Diagrams | etrailer.com

ChasWray is offline   Reply With Quote