Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #1

Default X139 BBQ quick connect question

Hello,

We have a propane quick connect under our X139 but don't have the BBQ that fit on the side rack. Can this be use for a regular BBQ ou camping stove (the one using the little 1 pound green bottle)?

Many thanks for your help

Fred

Fred03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #2

Fred03
I have a FF210 UDS with a quick connect for the LP on the door side. We connect a small propane grill with a 10 ft hose and it works great. The regulator on the TT does the trick so no regulator required for the device.

Ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #3

Default Is it that easy?

Is it really that easy? How is the flame/heat controlled on the bbq? Unless the regulator and knob were separate? I have a weber go-anywhere grill I want to do this with. I made the hose with the correct connectors to get from the low pressure quick-connect of the camper to the screw in 1lb bottle threads on the bbq grill. But with 2 regulators in the system, gas flow isn't enough. And I don't see a way to remove the regulator/knob setup. . . Any tips would be great.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #4

I have looked, but never found a solution for this other than buying one of the few portable grills out there that are made to be plugged into the quick connect low pressure. CruiserRV (and probably all other brands as well) sells such a grill as an option when you buy a new trailer. They also come with a rack so the grill can attach to the side of the trailer above the quick connect. These grills are usually much more expensive than the typical ones that use the small green bottles. The challenge is how to connect a hose to the grill. Most portable propane grills have a regulator with an integrated dial for turning the flame up, down and off making it a difficult plumbing job to bypass. I just refill my own little green bottles and don't bother with the hose connection problem.

I do have a spiffy portable fire pit with a 12' hose that I plug into the trailer side quick connect. We are using it more and more now that many campgrounds have fire restrictions here in SoCal.
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #5

Fred03,

I have an Olympian brand (model 5500) grill. It utilizes the regulator on the TT and only has a gas valve and igniter on the grill. It's pricey but for stainless steel with a heavy cast iron heat plate and a stand it has been worth the expense for the past five years. We take a two month trip in the US or Canada each year and use the grill extensively. Only repair so far was a new igniter.
Ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #6

I'm not sure what others are using, but i built a cooktop for exterior use that plugs directly into the disconnect. It is a two burner from Flame King. Similar to the one on the inside. Both have built in regulators.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #7

My xt276 came with the grill that mounts on the side of the camper as a standard item. Actually, I really like it and it cooks better than the Charbroil I have at home that cost over $200.

There are several 'replacement grills' sold at various places that will work on the quick connect RV propane line...usually priced around $150.

Most grills that use the little green bottles can be converted to use the RV quick connect low pressure propane...here are a few examples.

Weber Q RV Quick Connect Kit - propanegear

https://www.amazon.com/Solaire-Press.../dp/B003GW4T5G

Old 08-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #8

Thabks for all your reply. I will go on with a T connect direct on the tank and a extension hose this way I can use a regular BBQ. Lot cheaper since I already have a portable BBQ and a camp stove. Thanks

Fred03 is offline   Reply With Quote