Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #1

Default X139 water pump issu

Hello!

The water pump in our 2011 x139 is not stable, It seems like it is always trying to built is pressure. If we put it on and we are not using the water it is kind off on/off twiching. Any idea on how to solve the issue?

Many Thanks

Fred

Fred03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #2

Could there be a leak or drip somewhere? That's the only time mine would do that. Low point drains shut, no dripping faucets?

Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #3

To solve this common problem, many people install an accumulator. I chose a one-quart Shurflo accumulator. The installation is not difficult. Let us know if you have questions!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply! I do have an accumulator back hone from an old rv.
I will install it and see if it does the work.

Fred
Old 07-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #5

I have anothe issu, there is no pressure from the hot water (pump wont turn on, but will if I ise the cold water). There is hot water for the first few second from natural pressure but after that nothing. Does anyone as a clue? This happen when I am not plug.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #6

On mine, I had to turn on the valves to fill the tank. I wouldn't fire up the water heater until you get it sorted out.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:05 PM   #7

Fred, do not turn on the hot water yet. First, make sure the pump is on. Then open the hot water faucet in the sink. If water flows out, your hot water tank is full, and you can turn on the water heater. If air comes out, wait -- the water may come out in a minute, after the air is pushed out of the hot water tank.

If nothing comes out, then the valve to the hot water tank may be closed.

It is very important not to turn on the heating element until the hot water tank is full of water.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:21 AM   #8

If you just bought this trailer used, maybe the hot water tank bypass has been left open from the last winterizing?

Worth checking. Its the only thing I can think of that would have cold water working fine, but hot water as you described.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #9

Besides all that was said above, you may also have problems with the check valve going into and out of the hot water tank. When I first got my trailer (used), the hot water was only trickling out of the faucet. Did some checking and discovered that the one way check valve on the inlet side of the tank had broken free and was clogging the water passage. Relatively easy fix once you know what to look for.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:55 AM   #10

Follow-up, still investigaring,
But something new came in first time full hoock-up and tmy fressh water got fill up and overfill when full just by being plug to the city water... there is water coming directly in the tank, is that normal?
Old 07-21-2018, 07:37 AM   #11

Fred -- there is no connection between the city water inlet and the fresh water tank. The only possibility is that somehow the water in the line backed up and filled the fresh tank through the outlet valve. I think (but am not sure) that there is a check valve on that line to prevent back-flow.

If so, maybe the check valve has failed??
Old 07-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred03 View Post
Follow-up, still investigaring,
But something new came in first time full hoock-up and tmy fressh water got fill up and overfill when full just by being plug to the city water... there is water coming directly in the tank, is that normal?
No, not normal. This is what happens when the check valve at the water pump fails. That lets pressurized city water flow back through the pump and into the fresh water tank.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #13

Just unpluged the pump and clean everything. Nothing seems to faulty. I am going to replace the water pump. Could the water come back in the water tank from a faulty hot water tank check valve? I am on vacation and tired off working on this issue, I am suppose to be enjoying our camping trip . If any one as any other idea, please let me know.

Many thanks
Old 07-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #14
Site Team

No, the hot water heater is located beyond the point where the city water line and water tank tee together. The failed check valve will be somewhere between that tee and the tank. Usually located near the pump, but not always.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:31 PM   #15

Just got everything fix-up. Change both check valve and add to get a new pump. Everything work great now. Now We can relax and enjoy our vacation!
Old 07-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #16

well that is good news! have fun!
Old 07-22-2018, 08:18 PM   #17

Félicitations!!
Old 07-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #18

Default Water pressure, backflow into tank

Finding that water runs into the fresh water tank when hooked up to city water is the clue. The only way for that to occur is back flowing through the water pump. The electric water pump has a one way check valve. If it were working correctly, city water could not flow backwards and reach the tank. This is likely the cause of your first issue of the pump cycling on. The one way check is what keeps pressure in the water system till a faucet is opened. The pressure switch in the pump senses the loss and turns on the pump till pressure maintains again. Depending on the model of your water pump, there may be a repair kit available. Check your manual or search online for a manual by the manufacturer.
code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:31 PM   #19

I have open and check the original pump, and the check valve was crack, so I add to replace the entire pump. I also add no hot water pressure so change both check valve on the water heater. With both issu fix I have constant pressure and everything runs great.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by code2e View Post
....This is likely the cause of your first issue of the pump cycling on. The one way check is what keeps pressure in the water system till a faucet is opened.....
Aside from any issues with one way check valves, why would the pump be on when hooked up to city water. I would think that the pump should only be on when relying on fresh water directly from the holding tank when NOT hooked up to any city water connection.