Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #1

Default X160 Fresh water fill

We have a 2009 x160 that is an upgrade from our old pop-up. The fresh water fill tube is essentially open to the world if the flap is open. Our pop-up's tank had a screw-on fill tube with a screw on cap that prevented spillage when towing with a full tank. Has anyone replaced the X160 fill set up with one with a screw-on connection?

Thanks

GeorgieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #2

I replaced the one on my 2012 210UDS. Pretty simple: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get to the area on the camper interior behind the inlet; on mine it's accessed by removing the panel under the refrigerator. There are two hoses, the water and the vent hole. Simple hose clamps fasten them to the inlet. Remove them. On the exterior, remove the screws, remove the old inlet. If there's lots of butyl/putty sealant, heat gun might soften it up. Non-marring plastic type putty knife can be slid between camper and inlet to separate. Remove. Replace with the new inlet. Use butyl tape and dicor non-leveling/non-sag sealant.
Done!
BTW - if you overfill - water shoots out the vent hole. Ask me how I know?

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #3

Thanks, runner421. It seems as though the plumbing is similar enough that I can follow your instructions, although mine is easier to get to. I was concerned about overfilling the tank, but your last sentence tells me what happens then!
Old 08-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #4

For whatever it is worth, I almost always overfill -- it is the only sure way to know that I have topped off the tank. Just stand by the hose so that you don't waste too much water. And stand a little to the side of the fill port. or else wear a bathing suit.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #5

profdant139, I'm beginning to get that point!