Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #1

Default XT276 GFCI issue

I'm looking for anyones feedback on this one. This past weekend my 3yr old hit the "test" button on the GFCI receptical that's by the kitchen sink. Now the yellow light is on and none of the plugs on the circut work. It operated fine previous to the button being pushed and all of the other circuits work also. Hitting the reset button oes nothing either.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #2

The "Reset" button should re-connect the GFCI part of the plug...that's its purpose. That being said, there may be a "lingering" bleed over on the main bus that is fooling the plug into thinking that it should still be tripped. Try turning all the master 120v circuit breakers off (in the mains housing) and then see if it will reset.

Sometimes the "Reset" button needs a firm push, more than some fingers can supply and you may need to use a rod or screwdriver to seat it deeply. I've seen some that seat fairly deep in its hole and even my little fingers couldn't get it deep enough to latch; a phillips screw driver did the trick.

The only other recourse would be to replace the plug... If you can't get the "Reset" button to re-latch in its housing, there aren't any "tricks" to get it to work normally again. It is a regular household type GFCI plug, nothing special about it for RV use.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
roy

Mine is in the shop currently with a problem with my gfi breaker tripping for no reason.

It's also in the shop for numerous things wrong but that is one item on the list.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #4

Yea , if you look around how they run electrical wire threw the trailer you would see why you have problems !!!! After taking some panels off this weekend to fix my black water tank flush on my xt-276 , I started to get worried if this thing is safe to sleep in !!!!! No its not that bad , but it is some jackleg stuff I am fixing on this thing. I fix stuff myself , so I know its done right , the techs at the trailer shops are lucky if they can put air in your tire !!!
securityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #5

I changed out the GFCI plug under the sink and all is well agian.