Old 12-04-2018, 12:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator View Post
Again, nothing but a myth and a lot of non sense. A well setup rig is what matters. If the rig is setup properly the trailer will provide the extra braking. If the TV doesn't have good handling to begin with it won't after you connect a trailer either. Tow limits should be based upon axle ratings not manufacturers suggestions of the sales department wants you to buy. I've got well over 200k on my TV with half of that towing and brakes have been on there for over 100k. Get your trailer setup correctly and then you can stop believing these fairy tales.
No need to accuse me of nonsense & fairly tales. Calm down, no need to get personal. We're obviously never going to agree about this, and we believe different things. So I'll end it now, back and forth like this isn't helping anyone.

Setting up your rig "correctly" is obviously important. However, exceeding the GVWR of your tow vehicle, your trailer, or combo of both is not only dangerous, but its illegal in most states & provinces.

Truck rated to pull 10,700 lbs; Trailer dry: 3,820 lbs; Max Gross Weight: 6,045; (payload potential of 2,225 lbs).
DiverRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverRick View Post
However, exceeding the GVWR of your tow vehicle, your trailer, or combo of both is not only dangerous, but its illegal in most states & provinces.
Again nothing but a myth. No where does it say that in any law for a non profesional driver. Stop propagating fear. The axle rating is the one that matters and that rating should not be exceeded. The rest is a myth.