Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2018, 06:24 AM   #1

Default Towing mirrors

What kind of towing mirrors is everyone using. I would like the clip on style but the ones I just bought are not very good.
thanks

FF-214wsdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #2
Site Team

I have Cipa towing mirrors custom fit for my truck. They slide on easily and don't vibrate at all when driving.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:34 AM   #3

I use a peak wireless backup camera mounted on the back of trailer and powered by running lights so its always on when i turn the parking lights on. Works great.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:43 PM   #4
N&K

Send a message via AIM to N&K

I have been using CIPA mirrors for the past four years. They install quickly and have been pretty stable when we travel. The only problem I have had was when someone ran them through a car wash. Parts were "lost" in the car wash so I had to replace them.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:04 AM   #5

Thanks! I think CIPA is the brand I bought but maybe some are better that others. I'll try these again before I replace them.
FF-214wsdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:23 AM   #6
N&K

Send a message via AIM to N&K

Out of curiosity, did you get mirrors that were made your specific vehicle? The concept of these mirrors is to clip around the top and bottom edge of the mirror while a leverage arm creates tension on the back of the mirror to keep the clip in place. This may not work if you have a vehicle different than the vehicle the mirrors are made for.

Here is the website to find the correct mirrors for your vehicle.

I found your vehicle (2014 Jeep Cherokee) from another thread and looked it up. CIPA may not make a model for your vehicle.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF-214wsdf View Post
What kind of towing mirrors is everyone using. I would like the clip on style but the ones I just bought are not very good.
thanks

I was faced with the same issue some years ago as my pickup did not have factory extendable tow mirrors. I looked at the 'clip on' and 'add on' styles but wasn't comfortable with how sturdy they would be.

I searched on Ebay and found a set of factory towing mirrors for my year/make tow vehicle ... electric & heated for about 1/2 of new and purchased them. Installation was quick and simple.

Factory tow mirrors are the best but some say they have good luck with the aftermarket 'add on' types.

A few years later, I updated tow vehicles and selected one with factory tow mirrors.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #8

I bought a set of CIPA as well. No vibration, do not mark the factory mirrors. Have used them for many miles. I have forgot they were on a couple times after unhooking the trailer. I store them in the trailer when not in use.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #9

I prefer the Milenco brand. https://www.milenco.com/products/mir...-aero-3-mirror.