Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2008, 08:37 AM   #1

Default Towing the X-250BHS

What types of tow vehicles are people using for the X-250BHS?

wsstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Van

I tow mine with my 2005 F-150. It is an extended cab 4x4 with a 5.4l engine. It is a great tow vehicle for the 250BHS.

Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #3

Van, What kind of mileage do you get with the F150? I am looking at getting a 250BHS and towing it with an Expedition that has a 5.4L engine.
BTW, do you know where I can find a brochure for the 2008 250BHS? I haven't had any luck locating one. Thanks.
Sway bar
Days camped in 2009=38
Jumpstart45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #4

rant/I hate this question,
Quote:
What kind of mileage do you get with the F150?
Want to know my standard answer? "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"/end rant

There's so many variables that affect this it's not even funny.. speed/temp/terrain/weight/weather/traffic/tires/gearing/leadfootitis/fuel quality/shall I go on?

On a good day I get 250km to a tank traveling at 105km/hr. When I was towing with my dad's 99 f150 4x4 with the 5.4L, I was getting the same. So..in other words, Sh!tty. you're towing a big ass heavy box with no aerodynamics. And no, those wind deflector's do not work as good as they claim.

But then I don't care about towing fuel mileage. I'm out to enjoy camping with my friends and family no matter the cost. That's why I work my a$s off during the week.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpstart45
Van, What kind of mileage do you get with the F150? I am looking at getting a 250BHS and towing it with an Expedition that has a 5.4L engine.
BTW, do you know where I can find a brochure for the 2008 250BHS? I haven't had any luck locating one. Thanks.

Heres a 2008 brochure seams to be missing the specs but every thing else is there. Dont say i didn't ever do anything for you lol JK..

http://www.bennettsrv.com/docs/FunFinderXBro.html
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #6

Well I own the X250BHS and I tow mine with a 2008 chevy silverado 1500 with a 5.3 in it. I average around 10 miles to the gallon with it.
robertbur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpstart45

Sorry, i am just now coming out of my winter hibernation away from rv forums.

I dont recall exactly what i was gettting. 10-12ish, iirc. The 5.4 did a good job of towing the 250BHS though it was working pretty hard on some steep mountain pass climbs out here in Oregon.

I have since upgraded. lol. The diesel is a bit of overkill for a light trailer like the Fun finder, but i anticipate upgrading to a different trailer in a few years.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #8

I know this thread is old but I tow my X-250 BHS (just got it) with a Nissan Titan 5.6 V-8. It is rated at 10000 pounds of towing and until the newly designed Tundra came out the Titan was king of pull and I gotta say this is not an easy thing to swallow, that trailer is heavy! I pull a 3700 pound boat around like its not there. My X-250 is an anchor and I am puling it thru asphalt. If I had to tow this for a few hours or out of state I might consider an upgrade to diesel. I am driving an hour this weekend to a state park and I will have more open road to play with it and get a feel for it. Maybe I just need to get used to putting my foot closer to the floor.

My truck has a tow mode button too, it changes the characteristics of the transmission and it holds the gears longer at higher RPM's. I do not need to use the tow mode for the above boat, but cant imagine not using it with this trailer. There is nothing light weight about this trailer!
Outther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 AM   #9

Default hi

tell me what you think about it being brought back up.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:20 AM   #10

Well like I said above, I am amazed to see such smaller motors than a 5.6L saying A OK buddy!

I ended that with huge overkill!

I just bought an F-350 Super Duty, it has a class 5 towing hitch, You cant even buy a weight distribution hitch for it, I have looked. It has a 2 1/2 receiver instead of a 2inch.

That bad boy can pull 16000 pounds from the ball hitch. I was tired of always being so close yet so far away in power. Now I can jerk the tongue off this trailer.

To put a a better understanding on it, with the Nissan Titan I was getting between 10 to 12 miles per gallon pulling and I was concerned about pulling long distance. Transmission and all.

Now I will get 15 Miles per gallon easy and I can pull anything movable across county without concern.

Our band kids have a trailer for games and competitions and it weighs 10K
We have a guy pulling it with a Ram 2500, now I can be an easy backup with wicked more power.

10,000 pounds behind my new truck wont even change my fuel economy.

I have to add at 60K dollars it is not for everybody. I got it for 42K after trading in the Titian for it.

Outther is offline   Reply With Quote