Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 07:43 AM   #1

Default 2005 189 FD For Sale in VA

2005 Fun Finder for Sale, looking for some TLC

Pics in Google Photos

Up for sale is our beloved 2005 189FD.* Up front I'll tell you that she aint as perty as she once was.* Decals are peeling, and the awning is stained, but she's still very functional and will work great for someone that has a little time to put into her.

The good - small model, easy to tow, relatively low miles given the age
The bad - she's taken on water before, and I suspect she has a small leak again.

The details - I purchased this trailer when I had a newborn.* Now that I have two teenagers and a big dog, we just needed a little more room.* We just returned from our last trip to Fort Wilderness in Florida.* On the way home, we decided it was time to upgrade.* This model has the dinette*that makes into a queen, with the optional bunk overhead.* It did not come with a microwave, but we have added one.* The unit is small enough*to power with a solar panel for boondocking, or with a small honda generator if you need to run the AC.

Interior*is in pretty good shape, but there are definitely minor things that need work.* Examples: - bathroom door handle sticks and should be replaced; -leg on couch that supports the bed when pulled out is loose and should be reglued/screwed; More important than these small items is that in 2007 or 2008 the trailer took on a little water, both in the front and the back.* I had an RV shop address the leak and remove the front cap, and replace all rotted wood.* However, I did not have them remove the interior items that would be needed to replace the interior panels.* Therefore, there are some soft spots on the inside in the front, and the roof above the TV is a little soft as well.

The outside looks rough, as it's the aluminum siding model, not the fiberglass model.* The decals have begun to fade and peel as well.* Also, there is a small flap outside that is used to exhaust from the stove that needs to be replaced or rehinged (we never use the exhaust fan, because I prefer to use the quieter roof fan).

Tires have been replaced once and maintenance such as wheel bearings have been performed.* Small upgrades have been done such as a fantastic fan on the roof, but mostly its stock.* She passes a Virginia state safety inspection and is valid until June of 2020.

On our way down to Florida in December, we had torrential rain and some water did appear under the shower.* I've not yet determined where/how it got in, but if I were buying I'd make that priority number one, unless you plan on storing the camper under a shelter (carport, tarp, etc).

What I've loved about this camper is that it works great for boondocking.* Just park it next to a river and use the fantastic exhaust fan at night to bring in a cool airflow across you as you sleep.* The fridge will go 2-3 days on the battery, but after that you'll need to charge it up via solar panel or a generator (neither provided).

Located in Northern Virginia, asking $2900, but open to offers.

Feel free to ask questions, ~josh

budda919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #2

Default 2005 189 FD For Sale in VA

Pics in Google Photos

2005 Fun Finder for Sale, looking for some TLC

Up for sale is my beloved 2005 189FD.* Up front I'll tell you that she aint as perty as she once was.* Decals are peeling, and the awning is stained, but she's still very functional and will work great for someone that has a little time to put into her.

The good - small model, easy to tow, relatively low miles given the ageThe bad - she's taken on water before, and I suspect she has a small leak again.

The details - I purchased this trailer when I had a newborn.* Now that I have two teenagers and a big dog, we just needed a little more room.* We just returned from our last trip to Fort Wilderness in Florida.* On the way home, we decided it was time to upgrade.* This model has the dinette*that makes into a queen, with the optional bunk overhead.* It did not come with a microwave, but we have added one.* The unit is small enough*to power with a solar panel for boondocking, or with a small honda generator if you need to run the AC.

Interior*is in pretty good shape, but there are definitely minor things that need work.* Examples: - bathroom door handle sticks and should be replaced; -leg on couch that supports the bed when pulled out is loose and should be reglued/screwed; More important than these small items is that in 2007 or 2008 the trailer took on a little water, both in the front and the back.* I had an RV shop address the leak and remove the front cap, and replace all rotted wood.* However, I did not have them remove the interior items that would be needed to replace the interior panels.* Therefore, there are some soft spots on the inside in the front, and the roof above the TV is a little soft as well.

The outside looks rough, as it's the aluminum siding model, not the fiberglass model.* The decals have begun to fade and peel as well.* Also, there is a small flap outside that is used to exhaust from the stove that needs to be replaced or rehinged (we never use the exhaust fan, because I prefer to use the quieter roof fan).

Tires have been replaced once and maintenance such as wheel bearings have been performed.* Small upgrades have been done such as a fantastic fan on the roof, but mostly its stock.* She passes a Virginia state safety inspection and is valid until June of 2020.

On our way down to Florida in December, we had torrential rain and some water did appear under the shower.* I've not yet determined where/how it got in, but if I were buying I'd make that priority number one, unless you plan on storing the camper under a shelter (carport, tarp, etc).

What I've loved about this camper is that it works great for boondocking.* Just park it next to a river and use the fantastic exhaust fan at night to bring in a cool airflow across you as you sleep.* The fridge will go 2-3 days on the battery, but after that you'll need to charge it up via solar panel or a generator (neither provided).

Located in Northern Virginia, asking $2900
Feel free to ask questions, ~josh

Old 01-27-2020, 06:14 AM   #3

Trailer has sold. Thanks, and happy camping.