Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #1

Default 2008 160X Michigan

Currently in Storage, but will be available in spring (my toledo area listing shows most pictures currently) Let me know if you have questions, but currently the price is $8500 with recent updates and maintenance I have done

*Currently In Storage* 2008 Fun Finder X 160 Camper

im4x4ldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #2

Updated listing

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/rvs/6094692878.html

Old 07-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #3

mine is still for sale, I have a new ad where I included more items with the trailer, willing to go $8000 until fall then storage again, in about 3 years kids will be in HS and sports will be more with school and less with us traveling every weekend and I'll use then, I know many are out there cheaper, but in my area this is a fair price for size and weight along with updates and maintenance

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/rvs/6193725239.html
Old 07-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #4

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/rvd/6208749577.html

Here is one for sale also about the same size as mine for price compare.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #5

We sold our 2008 189fbr with remodeled interior and weight distribution hitch for $8500 in the spring.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #6

Yeah I look at these things with a good value that you don't have to buy (what they cost me):
WD Hitch= $500 installed
Hoses(fresh water) and tub to hold them=$25
prssure regulator (new never used since never a city water hook up)=$18
rhi Flex Sewer hose and tub to hold it (along with bag of gloves I keep in compartment)=$80
Wheel chocks=$20
10 pack of leveling blocks=$26
pilows and throw rugs=$35
awing lights (with clips) you will need extension cord =$25
drop ins for toilet that are remaining= $10
checker rug = $50
route 66 sign to hide where someone removed clock = $7

so just over $750 in added stuff in addition to trailer that someone won't need to buy or upgrade unless they want to. I didn't even include the couple hundred for the cushion cover fabric because maybe someone will want to remove, but I can't keep that and sell. So if someone wanted the trailer cheaper I could keep some of these items and sell them outright, but I just thought it would be nice to sell all at once and save you the time. Someone wanted to buy my rug but I said no since included with trailer, but I let them know it's on Amazon

I figured I wouldn't need these items for a tent that we are planning to use for a few years, feels like going backward to a tent, but it'll save on storage facility (indoor during winter) although that is only about $200 from Oct to April My kids said maybe we can just rent the cabins until we get a camper again if we sell it. Cabins just don't seem like camping to me lol
Old 07-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #7

so far we have had a baseball or softball tournament every weekend since 4/29, excluding 7/2 which my kids had their confirmation, since then every weekend again now until 8/13 with except of 8/5 for 2018 tryouts.......so maybe just before kids go back to school we can camp 8/19 weekend before my other hand surgery 8/22 lol. It's all good, I just know these days will go by fast, but with surgery I'm restricted to 2lbs for 2 months, which means I can't even hook my hitch up to my car. I think had I not needed surgery this would have been a good Sept camping year, lots of hollo-weekends and cool temps, which I LOVE! Sorry to add to this post again, feels more like a forum vs my sale ad
Old 07-14-2017, 09:05 AM   #8

People looking for an RV for the first time sometimes don't realize that the $ outlay is just beginning. So many needs to really do it right.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
People looking for an RV for the first time sometimes don't realize that the $ outlay is just beginning. So many needs to really do it right.

I agree and I didn't even realize all the little things you don't think about upon first buying. I know I can't get money back for things I added like electric hot water heater, resealing windows and roof to avoid leaks, adding TV and mounting hardware, lift kit to higher height, etc. Those are just those things that you assume no matter who owns it you hope they do them.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #10

Yes. We left a brand new convection microwave in ours. It wouldn't fit in the Shasta no matter what. The one in the Shasta ruined our bison burger when I tried to defrost it a couple of days ago. I caught it before it caught on fire!! It's a weird square size.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #11

OH wow! Good thing you caught it! I think the only thing I don't like in mine that I added was the TV mount. I wanted a flat panel mounted so I didn't have to mess with where to store it and taking it down, but sadly the arm doesn't swing and turn enough to watch while sitting at dinette, but it is amazing for 2 small kids on top bunk. My kids are now to large to sit up there together and now it's not so convenient for bed time movies or rainy day movies. I have the base for whoever buys it so they can decide if they want to unmounts or maybe can buy a larger swing arm. Other than that I love my little trailer and I love setting it up, but it drives hubby crazy cuz he thinks I waste so much time making it clean and perfect before I can relax lol, but I want it all laid out where I know everything is in it's place Anyone else like that? lol
Old 08-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #12

My other hand surgery is in just over a week and I'll be limited to 2lbs for 2 months following that. So likely the camper will go back into storage the first week I'm able to put it in (usually last week of September). Let me know if anyone is interested at all before then. If it doesn't sell this year I'll probably take it off the market for a couple years and hold onto it for a bit. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2017, 06:15 PM   #13

Good luck on your surgery!
Old 08-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #14

Thanks!! Had my first done in Feb and it was so worth it! Can't wait to get the pain in 2nd gone and the strength back 2018 will be a better camping year!
Old 08-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #15

I had a scope down on my left knee a week ago last Monday. No more crutches�� Have to go back in September for another follow up. If isn't better with pain lessening, then will try shots, with final outcome full knee replacement if pain doesn't subside! Hope your outcome will be good. Going camping Labor Day weekend with "grands"---last trip before storing for winter? Where did the summer Go?
Old 08-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #16

I know!! Summer came and went. We only have a Tiger's baseball game planned since my daughter already started practicing softball for 2018 season planning on taking my son fishing this weekend, he's been begging me to take him. Hope your knee feels better and if it means totally replacement, it'll be better than total pain right?? I know my hand will be better and I'm looking forward to having these surgeries behind me Have fun on your camping trip (totally jealous Maybe I should just take my son and pitch a tent at campground for the night, camper set up for one night just isn't worth it.....
Old 08-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #17

I agree that setting up trailer for one night probably not worth doing! Tenting, however, for one night would be a good option!
Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 AM   #18

https://www.amazon.com/Ozark-Trail-4.../dp/B01KH4CLEG

Here is the tent I'm using, quick easy and it was super cheap. I like that it conntects to the canopy which I'll have there anyway, no one likes to walk out and be wet esp. if raining. I would rather have my camper and all the hook ups with hot water etc, but I'll bring my coffee pot and an extension cord, along with paper plates and camp forks. I feel like I'm roughing it lol

Again, one night just for fun before surgery will be all we get this year, but I'm hoping some card games and snuggle time in a tent will be a nice break from electronics and everyone in rooms doing their own thing....something about camping that bonds a family I truly believe.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #19

Nice setup! Have fun!
Old 10-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #20

Camper is now put away for storage, I will probably remove this thread and start fresh next year, spring is always a better time to sell anyhow stay warm I think winter is coming (at least if feels like it in MI!)