Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #1

Default Buy pre 2009 funfinder 200 or not?

Looking to buy a 200 toyhauler and I'm told to buy a late 2009 or newer funfinder. The earlier ones had issues with the roof. Any input would be welcome.

bikerbill48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #2

I bought my mine this spring ...xt276... new w/optional convection microwave, 15" wheels/tires &, fantastic fan. Electric awing/hitch standard.

When I looked, new was only about $1,500 above used so worth it to me. Got options I wanted without someone elses' previous problems - real or hidden....know what I mean.

Right size for the two of us and pulls excellent with my TV.

Never having a camper before, decided to go new for fewer potential repair problems. Happy so far.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #3

My XT200 Fundinder XTRA has not had any roof problems..... and no real problems to speak of so far period..... yeah, I had to replace the propane sensor and the faucet in the bathroom, but that was not due to poor workmanship on funfinder's part..... and still a good record for a 2007 model...
Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #4

We have a 2007 Cruiser Fun Finder X-189 we're just putting up for sale. Posted it here a couple weeks ago but putting it on Craiglist as we speak. We have had absolutely no problems with the roof or anything else.
jenbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #5

Wink

I just bought a 08 toy hauler and the ceiling in the back has some bubbles from a leak. The dealer has pulled the entire gutter off of the back side and resealed it all. I am storing it at his place for the winter so if the bubbling gets larger by spring he can fix it before I take possession.
khans81k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #6

Hi all,
I recently found soft spots near the front corners of my 2008 XT-190 XTRA Fun Finder (Toy hauler by Cruiser), and the dealer found two small tears in the roof covering near the locations...

Now, I was told by one trailer place that I had a rubber roof and then, the dealer where I purchased it, says it's a vinyl roof... He says the vinyl roof is thinner than the rubber roof and not quite as tough... I cannot find much on the internet about vinyl roofing...

The dealer will replace the damaged wood in the roof, and then will add additional wood to the centerline to give the entire roof a slight crown... He will then replace all the old vinyl roof with a rubber roof... I also had him install a new vortex style ceiling fan (no labor as that is already in the roof repair, just unit cost)... That should be ready for next year's camping season... In the meantime, the trailer damage was sealed until repair and is parked at the dealer...

The dealer cannot say what caused the damage... but, due to inside and structural wood damage, it will be a bit spendy to repair...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:15 AM   #7

John, that sounds very major. But you'll know what you have when it's done, no more surprises. When they changed over to the crowned roof it was for a reason.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
John, that sounds very major. But you'll know what you have when it's done, no more surprises. When they changed over to the crowned roof it was for a reason.
I think so, I always thought that a flat roof is asking for trouble...

Mike (at Pattons RV) said they would probably just replace about 4 feet of the 3/4" ply roof, but add the crowning wood all the way back, before refinishing the roof... I am hoping to get a long lasting roof...

Hope yu guys are doing well; how is Paul's back; hope it is healing well??

Old 12-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #9

Oh, Paul had a hernia operation in April. His back is fine. He is good. Just had a BIG birthday the 3rd. Mine happens in January.
He is wishing for enough snow for snowmobiling. Last year was a bust snowise. We had a few inches Saturday.
We'll have a lot of cleaning to do on our FF when we get it out of storage. It went in pretty dirty.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Oh, Paul had a hernia operation in April. His back is fine. He is good. Just had a BIG birthday the 3rd. Mine happens in January.
He is wishing for enough snow for snowmobiling. Last year was a bust snowise. We had a few inches Saturday.
We'll have a lot of cleaning to do on our FF when we get it out of storage. It went in pretty dirty.
Same here on the cleaning; because I was going to park it home, I thought I had time to do the interior... But a couple of leaks changed my plans...

Like you, I'll try to get the cleaning and any upgrades done before I head to AZ... I hope...